BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 8h, 54m | CPU: 4% | MEM: 1818MB of 5401MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: GeForce 440 Go Drivers problem        Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Well... i got my notebook working again but i dont have drivers for its GPU. I tryed those from nVidia site but them are not working... please help :(

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:53 pm 
FTP Access

You need to get a modified INF file from a site like http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ - Nvidia's INF doesn’t allow the driver to be installed on the Go (laptop) cards as they expect OEMs to make their own drivers available, but they never do (or at least mine doesn't) so you have to use this method. The standard drivers are perfectly compatible as the Go and non-Go cards are similar.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Ok. Thanks. But what version shoud i use? :?

EDIT: OK. Done :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:45 am 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
You need to get a modified INF file from a site like http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ - Nvidia's INF doesn’t allow the driver to be installed on the Go (laptop) cards as they expect OEMs to make their own drivers available, but they never do (or at least mine doesn't) so you have to use this method. The standard drivers are perfectly compatible as the Go and non-Go cards are similar.

that is so stupied

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:52 am 
FTP Access

It used to be even more stupid - at least the current Nvidia drivers tell you that they're "incompatible" (yeah, right) with your machine when you try to install them. There was an older version of the Nvidia drivers that ran through the Setup process, asked you to reboot to finish the installation (so you thought you'd updated your drivers) but when you tried to play a game that needed the new drivers to work properly you found that it still didn’t work! Reason? In fact no drivers had been installed when it claimed that they were - it just pretended to install them (presumably determining that they were "incompatible" while installing them, but not bothering to tell you!).

It took me ages to figure out what the problem was - I tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, changing settings, reinstalling the games that weren't working...I know I'm a bit of a dunderhead anyway, but this was just ridiculous (I mean, how were you meant to realise that actually the drivers it told you were being installed hadn't been at all, and you still had the really out of date ones that shipped with your machine - yes, the ones with the laptop were hugely out of date even when the laptop was new...). I eventually figured it out by uninstalling the driver, then trying to reinstall it and finding I still had no graphics driver installed after rebooting - it finally became clear to me that nothing was being installed when I thought it was!

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]