What browser do you prefer?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Opera
21%
Internet Explorer
9%
Firefox
59%
Safari/Konqueror
3%
Camino/K-Meleon/Flock/etc
6%
NetPositive
No votes
SeaMonkey/Netscape
No votes
Maxthon/Avant/etc
No votes
OmniWeb
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 34

blahsucks-two
FTP Access

Post by blahsucks-two »

Just curious. I'm an Opera person myself. I had to lump together some browsers for space.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

i use firefox. i started using it because it has tabs and IE didn't. but now that IE7 is nearly out, i was almost tempted to move back but im not liking the new layout. also im used to firefox now

mulholland
Donator

Post by mulholland »

I'm Firefox all the way. I started using it as my main browser once it went 1.0. Due to the extension framework and the customizable nature of the browser I'm afraid I'll be hard pressed to find another browser that allows me to do everything that I can in Firefox.

dirtwarrior
FTP Access

Post by dirtwarrior »

I use FF I am just used to it

longview
FTP Access

Post by longview »

Opera!
I can't see why people don't use it more. I mean, it's secure, fast, free and skinnable!
If you havent already, please give it a try though.
http://www.opera.com

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

longview wrote:Opera!
I can't see why people don't use it more. I mean, it's secure, fast, free and skinnable!
If you havent already, please give it a try though.
http://www.opera.com
so is firefox lol, if you havnt got it allready visit:
http://mozilla.com
The better candies are in the cage

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

FireFox for me all the way

Prog
FTP Access

Post by Prog »

On OS X, I use Safari (my favorite browser overall).
On Windows, I use IE 7.
On Linux, I use Opera.

I don't like Firefox; I think it's an overrated fad.
The above post is brought to you by me not listening in class and posting here instead. :D

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I started using Firefox about 2 years ago - I downloaded it as there was a lot of talk about how good it was, so I was curious to see what all the fuss was about (it was not long after it had gone to version 1.0, I think). I set it as my default browser on the same day and now I can't live without tabs, the search bar and Adblock (my 3 top Firefox features).

I would consider IE7 once it's out (IE6 is horrible, and I tend to keep beta software away from my main machine and in virtual machines only), although I do like Adblock, as well as the infinitely customisable nature of Firefox with the extensions and themes system, and the way you can do whatever you want to the interface by editing the chrome files. The only things about it that I don't like are the memory usage (although with 1 GB of RAM I don't actually notice it) and the length of time it takes to load the first time after a reboot.

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

Is the menu bar still in that awkward position still for IE7?

dirtwarrior
FTP Access

Post by dirtwarrior »

I tested many of the browsers out. FF is still my favorite. Netscape had many useful features but more than I need and it is a resource hog, netscape would not release the used ram when closed. If netscape would release a lite version...
Is there a liter version of netscape?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

kichimi wrote:Is the menu bar still in that awkward position still for IE7?
yes. but it can be moved back to the top with a registry tweak, but that also brings up the links bar

Prog
FTP Access

Post by Prog »

How can the menu bar be in an awkward position? It's easily accessible. If it's different than you're used to, that doesn't mean it's awkward.
The above post is brought to you by me not listening in class and posting here instead. :D

blahsucks-two
FTP Access

Post by blahsucks-two »

I used to use Firefox; I don't anymore because it's become too popular. I do recommend it to other people along with Opera, though.

On OS X, I use Camino almost exclusively, because it's stable and doesn't clash with anything else. Now that it has single-window mode, it's absolutely the best browser for OSX, IMO.

On Linux, I generally stick with Konqueror and Opera. Konqueror is integrated into KDE really well, and Opera has all of the features and themes I need.

On Windows, I use K-Meleon and Opera. K-Meleon is nice for compatibility purposes, and it's pretty fast. Opera, same as above.

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

Prog wrote:How can the menu bar be in an awkward position? It's easily accessible. If it's different than you're used to, that doesn't mean it's awkward.
Well it is if for every other aplication the menu bar is at the top of the window, and for IE you have to keep going 1/4 of the way down the screen, its gonna get to be pain in the a*se for poeple who arnt used to change

But lets drop this subject or else we'll spoil the thread lol

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

Firefox is the best for me

dirtwarrior
FTP Access

Post by dirtwarrior »

I tested kmelon while it is nice I still like FF with the fastfox tweak.

Prog
FTP Access

Post by Prog »

kichimi wrote:
Prog wrote:How can the menu bar be in an awkward position? It's easily accessible. If it's different than you're used to, that doesn't mean it's awkward.
Well it is if for every other aplication the menu bar is at the top of the window, and for IE you have to keep going 1/4 of the way down the screen, its gonna get to be pain in the a*se for poeple who arnt used to change

But it's not a fourth of the way down, and the point is that you aren't supposed to use the menu bar in IE7. It's got buttons to take care of anything you can do in the menu bar, or if you do need it, then you press Alt to show or hide it. I really like that setup.

And I don't see how talking about a browser will ruin a browser thread.

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

Prog wrote:
kichimi wrote:

But it's not a fourth of the way down, and the point is that you aren't supposed to use the menu bar in IE7. It's got buttons to take care of anything you can do in the menu bar, or if you do need it, then you press Alt to show or hide it. I really like that setup.

And I don't see how talking about a browser will ruin a browser thread.
Its just im known for starting arguments lol

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Firefox is the best... especially RC1. I love the spell checking, and especially the new design.

Oxygene

Post by Oxygene »

Opera,because it's simple,yet powerful and efficient

Beta Freak
FTP Access

Post by Beta Freak »

Firefox 2.0 all the way. Liking the tab close button on each tab.

rasco

Post by rasco »

Firefox 65% WOW

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

doesn't really show much as there have only been 21 votes. if all 100+ members voted, it would be much better

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

I feel sorry for the 60% who choose Firefox... They think they are safe
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart