Computers dont like me (Vista net probs.)

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
compact-mac
Donator

Computers dont like me (Vista net probs.)

Post by compact-mac »

well its a Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ, 2 gig ram, 340GB HDD, decent graphics and Vista Home Premium.
i set up a LAN homeplug network coz my Wireless didn't work - then i got an IP addy conflict - repaired and it said its connected properly then I installed FF of a mem stick and it seamed to work it redirected from start.mozilla.org to google.com then .co.uk and its been waiting for google.co.uk for the past 30 minutes

any suggestions?

Edit never mind guys (And gals)
Andy - At home:
refresh? lol
Mark:
lol tried
Mark:
its greyed out
Andy - At home:
hit stop then refresh?
Andy - At home:
or type google.co.uk directly into the address bar
Mark:
wait
Mark:
it worked
Andy - At home:
lol
CM's Old Website
Post Tenebras Spero Lucem
Forget DNS/HTTPS or DNS/TLS, the future is DNS over Avian.

callumh

Post by callumh »

I've configued two Windows Vista laptops with my Wireless network. Both of which each took over 15 minutes to configure... I managed to set up two XP laptops each within, about under 3 minutes (providing I plugged the LAN cable in to access the router console and copy the WEP/WPA key).

Windows Vista just seems to hate wireless networking, and its not just the setting up part... file and printer sharing seems to be difficult aswell. If you want to prevent any of these things, then I'd say just simply install Windows XP... Plus if you do install Windows XP, it will be quite fast, considering the nice specs of your new box, 2.33GHz,2GB RAM, 340GB HDD...