My Post-OSBA time, and project: Music renaming application

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Andrew
Donator

My Post-OSBA time, and project: Music renaming application

Post by Andrew »

The produce of the time spent filling the void where OSBA was

Most of you probably remember at least one crazy thing I did last year after OSBA went down, and I thought I'd take the time to thank the OSBA members who supported me after the end. You guys helped me a lot -making me feel like I had made an impact and life was worth rebuilding, so thanks.

Before OSBA went down I was to all extents an addict newsposter and OSBA member, when it ended I felt like I was over, with nothing to live for, and I'm quite sure the closest I've ever come to a mental breakdown (If I didn't have one). The support you OSBA members gave me really made me feel like I had a future, and as per suggestions I turned to one of my hobbies (programming) as a drive for life. Especially thanks to RType, Andy, Pr0gram the Pr0grammer, KiChiMi, and sHARD for helping me get back on my feet.

I thought of creating a music renamer when I was trying to read a song which had a really badly written filename and couldn't find an app to do it, plus I thought it could be fun.

I had been working on it for quite a few months, and in may I kindof figuired it was too insignificant to keep working on, but friday while reminiscing on the year I decided to see the project through to completion, and have produced a working application. It would be cool if you guys could have a look

I havent ever been in a relationship, but when OSBA went down... I think it felt like losing a spouse would, it showed how much you guys mean to me. *big hug to all OSBA members*

If you want to have a look, download here via RapidShare or MegaShare

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

This app is great, I used it some time ago when it was in BETA stage and trusted it to my entire music collection of which I had just one copy! It worked perfectly

If you upload it to one of the FTP's then it can stay in there as shareware/freeware if thats what you've designated it as.

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

Andy: This is a complete re-write from the version you tested (most significant feature is the ability to log what's happening, and exclude songs from being edited), thanks for that - I'll upload it in a few.

Andrew

compact-mac
Donator

Post by compact-mac »

That looks cool, I might try it...
CM's Old Website
Post Tenebras Spero Lucem
Forget DNS/HTTPS or DNS/TLS, the future is DNS over Avian.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

omgsourceplzkthx.

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

I'm not giving you the source

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

and you add an option to remove release group names or custom words?

Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

Don't mean to [censored] on your bonfire, but I use Mp3tag to do the same thing and it has more options etc

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
lol, internet

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

stfu koptor.

I think it's great lol
The better candies are in the cage

TheWahbinator
FTP Access

Post by TheWahbinator »

I happen to agree, this program makes no sense whatsoever

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

You're wrong, you just don't see the sense in this program

Actually, when I made it I had no idea about Mp3Tag and had a lot of free time, it was also a lot of fun making it, plus its a simplistic wizard-based app. Neithertheless, compared to MP3Tag it's retarded.