upgrading an ipaq h3630

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
teriaki 511
FTP Access

upgrading an ipaq h3630

Post by teriaki 511 »

i was wondering, i have a new/used compaq ipaq h3630, and i comes with wince 3.0, i was wondering, is it possible to upgrade wince 3.0 in my ipaq to a more recent version? any ideas?

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

ipaqs use ROM which cant be overwritten with a new version of windows ce, but if you look around on the internet, you might find a linux distro for it somewhere, like Familiar Linux

teriaki 511
FTP Access

Post by teriaki 511 »

yeah, the closest i could find were for HP ipaq models 2xxx and 4xxx, ironic ain't it?

RentedMule
Donator

Post by RentedMule »

Besides, you cant just "Install" Windows CE. It has to be "built" for specific hardware, generally with proprietary drivers.

strekship
FTP Access

Post by strekship »

There might be an update from hp.

teriaki 511
FTP Access

Post by teriaki 511 »

sorry, i figured windows ce worked the same way the sony PSP firmwares do(i am a proud PSP CFW user.), only you have to pay through the nose....

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

teriaki 511 wrote:sorry, i figured windows ce worked the same way the sony PSP firmwares do(i am a proud PSP CFW user.), only you have to pay through the nose....
Unless HP/Compaq provides a ROM update explicitly for the H3630 containing a newer Windows CE version, you're pretty much out of luck.