Aero Taskbar problem in longhorn 4074

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
y2kss66

Aero Taskbar problem in longhorn 4074

Post by y2kss66 »

Ok i applied this registry code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"MILExplorer"=dword:00000001

to make my taskbar and sidebar clear but after restarting explorer.exe keeps blinking on and off could someone help me with this problem?

I believe this is the right registry entry but please tell me exactly what it does

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

That should work fine. What is your hardware like, particularly the graphics card?

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

You should copy Jade's msstyle and rename it to aero. Than apply it and it should work (note that it will say its jade in settings anyway)

y2kss66

Post by y2kss66 »

i have a amd athlon xp 1800+ (1.5 ghz)
a raedeon 9550 256 mb graphincs card
1024 mb of ram

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

FiFi wrote:You should copy Jade's msstyle and rename it to aero. Than apply it and it should work (note that it will say its jade in settings anyway)
I never needed to do this...

Your PC should be OK, i ran it fine for a while on a 2.66GHz Celeron, 512Mb, and and FX5200, so yours should be about the same.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

hounsell wrote:
FiFi wrote:You should copy Jade's msstyle and rename it to aero. Than apply it and it should work (note that it will say its jade in settings anyway)
I never needed to do this...
I always did it, than i got aero-like bars but without transparency. So than i just go to registry editor and add the key, restart explorer and i have transparency.