Preferred OS

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Preferred OS

Windows 3
No votes
Windows 95
No votes
Windows 98
6%
Windows 2000
13%
Windows ME
No votes
Windows XP
34%
Windows Vista
9%
Mac *
16%
Linux
6%
Other
16%

Total votes: 32

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

I feel so singled out
The better candies are in the cage

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

moonlit wrote:Windows 2003 for me I think so I chose other... on saying that though I do like OSX Tiger (I'm running the PPC version in PearPC)...

WinXP was amazing compared to XP when I first dumped it on my ol' K6-2 500Mhz machine back in the day but Win98SE rocked before that...

Like few have said already I gotta say I prefer the classic look, themes don't really do much for me these days. I've tried a few, I've used WindowBlinds, I even gave this Win2k3 install the Watercolor theme for a while but I always come back to having just the classic looks... guess I'm just used to it...
grey just doesn't cut it for me

blahsucks-two
FTP Access

Post by blahsucks-two »

I like OSX, Vista, 2K, and BeOS/derivatives. I absolutely despise Windows XP, Windows 98, and Linux (unless it's a server, but that's different).

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Vista all the way baby!!!

Beta Freak
FTP Access

Post by Beta Freak »

Windows XP Home, never had any problems with it.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I prefer Mac OS X, Linux (mainly Debian) and, if it has to be a Microsoft OS, either Windows 2000 or Server 2003.

Mac OS X, Linux: Unix-like, lots of things to configure and tinker with!
Windows 2000/2003: Fast, streamlined, like the classic look.

Bye

RentedMule
Donator

BeOS

Post by RentedMule »

BeOS is about the only OS I use. I have to have an XP installation because my job is a windows programmer. Zeta has, thus far, kept me content. I was bugging out when Be went under.

It gives me everything I need in an OS. Decent driver support, an office suite, firefox, and bunches of open source apps to do whatever you need. And as far as I know, there isnt one BeOS virus. I even enjoy the single userness of it.