BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 20h, 39m | CPU: 5% | MEM: 2713MB of 4341MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: I hate my cell phone company!        Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:22 am 
Donator

I am in a constant battle with Virgin Mobile. They won't reimburse me for freaking 2 bucks! Here's the emails that have been sent back and forth (with some stuff starred out for personal protection :wink: )

Quote:
Jul 9 (6 days ago)

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your email -- and for giving us the opportunity to help you!

We can certainly help resolve your question but first we must verify we have the right account. Can you please respond and provide your Virgin Mobile phone number, vKey (numeric security code), as well as the date, method (credit card/debit card/PayPal) and amount of your last Top Up?

Once we have that, we can right to business and get you on your way!

Hopefully you can understand - you wouldn't want just anyone getting your private information. Without the information requested we can't divulge information through email, it's a privacy thing.

If you have any other questions or would like more info, please feel free to call us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM on your Virgin Mobile phone). We'll be delighted to assist you.

Aidan
Virgin Mobile At Your Service

----- Original Message -----

The user was NOT logged in when they submitted this support email request.

The name submitted by the user is Jeffrey **********.

The phone number submitted by the user is **********.

The sales order number submitted by the user is .

The message submitted by the user is:

Hello,

I recently purchased a used Kyocera Switch_Back from a friend. Before I had this phone, I had a Kyocera Oystr. I passed on the Oystr to my parents after registering the Switch_back. They got $2.50 for using a used phone, but I didn't. Is this supposed to happen?

And my second question: I recently tried to download two ringtones. The first one I quit before downloading, and was reimbursed the 2.50. However, on the second one, I reached 100%, then the phone said something along the lines of "connection lost", and I was never reimbursed for a non-existing ringtone. (I paid another $2.50 for this same ringtone the next day).

I would like to be reimbursed in my account, if possible.

Thanks,

Jeffrey **********

Ok, At that time It wasn't a very big deal, so I responded...

Quote:
Jul 9 (6 days ago)

Yep, I would be happy to give you those details.

My Phone #: ***-***-****
VKEY: *******
Date of last top up: July 2, 2007 (i think)
Method of last top up: paypal
Amount of last top up: $10 ($10.60 w/ tax)

The next message I got back:

Quote:
Jul 12 (3 days ago)

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your email -- and for the information provided.

To answer your question: in order that you receive the pass it on bonus, your parent's must:

1. Activate the "old" phone.

2. Top-Up the phone within 90-days from date of ESN swap with a minimum of $20.

3. Be a new Virgin Mobile customer.

Further, upon the completion of above criteria, you and your friend are both awarded a $2.50 'Pass It On' bonus which will be credited to your respective accounts. However, you can also reply back with your parent's phone number to check for the pass it on bonus.

And, I have reviewed your account and see that the ringtone has failed to download on 7/2/2007 and the cost of the ringtone was credited back. However, the ringtone was successfully downloaded. If you had accepted it and haven't deleted any ringtones off since you did that, I bet it's there hiding!

From your handset, access the menu...click over to the My Stuff then highlight your ringtones. When you open it, it should be there! If by chance it's not, please make sure your memory for your "Stuff" (ringtones, wallpapers, games) isn't' full and it can't download.

If you still can't find it, looks like it won the hide and seek game and you'll have to download it again.

Should you ever have a question about any of the transactions on your account, you can always check it yourself by logging into My Account via www.virginmobileusa.com. Once you have signed into your account, you can check all actions for the past 60 days that involve your account, and even see the latest news from Virgin Mobile.

If you have any other questions or would like more info, please feel free to call us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM on your Virgin Mobile phone). We'll be delighted to assist you.

Stephen

Now, this makes me want to kill someone at VM. "It won the hide and seek game!?!?!??!?!?!?" Do they think I'm a child!?!?!?

In the end (after some phone calls) I got reimbursed for the $2.50, but am still trying to get the other $2 back...

Have you ever had any bad experiences with a phone company?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:35 pm 
FTP Access

Sure,
Phone companies are all lame in Brazil.
Never get a phone here haha

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
lol at Virgin. Well, anything is better than 3pay

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]