M$ connect profile update

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Andy
Administrator

M$ connect profile update

Post by Andy »

Has everyone who uses connect updated their profile? If you don't do it soon your account will become inactive. I got an e-mail from msconnect saying so. I logged in and updated my profile. (No its not a scam, I checked the links).

Just a heads up.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

yeh, i had emails about this a while ago... it is genuine, and will be required...

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

I didn't get such a mail.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Luckie wrote:I didn't get such a mail.
Login anyway. There will be a link on the left alerting you to update.

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

ah, let me rember. I think I got this some weeks ago.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

There was a thing on the site quite a long time ago telling you to do this - there wasn't anything about cancelling your account if you didn't, as far as I remember, they must have only put that on if you didn't update your details within a certain amount of time.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:There was a thing on the site quite a long time ago telling you to do this - there wasn't anything about cancelling your account if you didn't, as far as I remember, they must have only put that on if you didn't update your details within a certain amount of time.
It was mentioned that after "x date" they would disable your account and cease e-mail offers and information until you logged in and updated.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Yep, I just got it. Heres the full email:
Dear Microsoft Connect user,

We sent you an e-mail in mid-May with details about an update to your Microsoft Connect profile. Now that the update is complete, we would like to ask you to verify your Profile on Microsoft Connect.

You still have time to update your profile before the update becomes required and our system will prompt you to update it. Please either click on the profile reminder link on the left navigation menu or select Manage My Connect Profile at the bottom of any web page.

If you have not updated your Microsoft Connect profile prior to July 23, 2007, you should expect the following when you visit and sign in to http://connect.microsoft.com on or after July 23, 2007:

1. We will present you with a Web page on which you will be asked to verify and update your profile information. After submitting this information, Microsoft Connect will use it as your profile information moving forward.

2. If you don't return to Microsoft Connect before July 23, 2008, Microsoft Connect will inactivate your account and we will be unable to contact you regarding your program participation. At any time after July 23, 2008, you can return to Microsoft Connect and re-activate your account by signing in with your Windows LiveID, and updating your profile.

Thank you for your help and patience during this process, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

The Microsoft Connect Team

As a Microsoft Connect user, you are receiving this announcement about an update to your Microsoft Connect profile. Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy. To learn more, please refer to the Microsoft Online Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com/.
-Jeff

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

i updated mine a month ago, so I didn't receive this email.