BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 20h, 47m | CPU: 43% | MEM: 2957MB of 8095MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: DVD Drive Firmware Upgrading        Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:43 am 
FTP Access

Okay, my old LG drive was defect so I bring it to the support of " Media Markt " after 5 weeks ( tomorrow ) I get it back, they told me : its a new drive and a newer typ of it ( Im very happy as I heardes this info 8) )

After I build it in my computer I searched for a firmware upgrade but was I have found was better then the normal firmware upgrade :

http://tdb.rpc1.org

This guys are modifing firmware upgrades that you can use it on other similarly drives.

the example on my drive :

I get after 1 year as my drive was defect a new LG drive its called : GSA H10N - and I can upgrade this drive to the GSA H12N !

The advantages ?

GSA H10N : UDMA 33
GSA H12N : UDMA 66

also the GSA12N burns a little bit faster and cost up much more :roll: but this better IDE mode is the reason why I upgrade my firmware and it works fine for me now.

Hope this tpoic is interesting to something people who dont know this good site.

greetz !

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:13 am 
Donator

This has always been true. Not only with CD/DVD drives in your computer, but most everything electronic in the world.

Lets even take computer memory for instance. There is only 3, maybe 4 manufacturers of *SDRAM. But the companies that sell branded memory sticks are in the thousands.

I bought a coffee maker at walmart last year. Sunbeam I think it was. It died about 6 months ago, so I went to sears to pick up a new one. Mr Coffee had the EXACT same model there, only with "Mr Coffee" printed where "Sunbeam" used to be... and it was $30 more.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:23 am 
Hmm..I'll have to check that out, OP.

Really interesting what you can do with that firmware...I found a d/l for an old CD burner I had that actually bumped ot from 40x to 52x and also changed the LED color. Who knew?