BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 5h, 35m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 1968MB of 2909MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: What if...        Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:08 am 
FTP Access

What if Windows 1.0 had a taskbar that was scrapped before Windows 1.01, only to be resurrected by Windows 95? (and, of course, all those intermediate builds with the weird taskbars were just to throw us off the scent :P)

See this post for the inspiration behind this perversion of history :D Bonus points if you can spot Microsoft's spelling mistake, and if you can name the girl :) Anybody else have some what ifs?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:09 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
Hey, I did one of those in the fake screenie contest!

Still, yours is better than mine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:22 am 
Donator

That start button is quite round, whereas the 95 start button is square. I think I prefer this one rather than the 95 one.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:39 am 
FTP Access

Compact-mac wrote:

Damn, I never looked inside that thread after the first few Vista posts (I'm not much of a 'builds' fan)! I rarely go into the Jokes forum... I see that you and Vista Ultimate R2 already had the 'what if' idea. I can't believe you posted that only a couple of days ago and even had a similar background story :shock: I've honestly never read those posts until now... what are the chances of that :D

I do like how your version managed to fit all of XP's features into so little memory... mine requires gigabytes, and still has a retro start menu without all the new features :P BTW, looking at the numbers I see we probably used the same screenshots from toastytech as a background :)

mdogg wrote:
That start button is quite round, whereas the 95 start button is square. I think I prefer this one rather than the 95 one.

I like it too. Would have looked nicer if I could have used more than those 16 crappy colours.. or even if the Windows 1.x palette just included gray :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
rawr wrote:
Compact-mac wrote:

BTW, looking at the numbers I see we probably used the same screenshots from toastytech as a background :)

Yep, that's where it came from :D

Coincidences do happen!

rawr wrote:
I do like how your version managed to fit all of XP's features into so little memory.

Bill Gates wrote:
640k ought to be enough for anybody.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]