BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 4h, 28m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 2272MB of 3717MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: I am not too sure about this one...        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:30 pm 
Donator

I have Windows 3.11 disks that say Commodore on it, are they of any value to this community? I haven't really tested them, I did make a CD version just to make it easier to install 3.11 easier.

I forget if there was any special software included with it, I don't have Virtual PC or VMWare installed , but what does everyone think?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:51 pm 
Donator

Id like it, please.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:27 pm 
http://os-history.de.vu/

there under "experimente" you can find a windows 2.x on a Commodore PC 40 III :D

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:22 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Upload it to the ftp.
Or upload it to mine

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am not too sure about this one...        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1 RTM
hypr wrote:
I have Windows 3.11 disks that say Commodore on it, are they of any value to this community? I haven't really tested them, I did make a CD version just to make it easier to install 3.11 easier.

I forget if there was any special software included with it, I don't have Virtual PC or VMWare installed , but what does everyone think?

Which Commodore computer came preinstalled with Windows? :?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:15 pm 
Donator

I don't remember the model, the PC's IDE controllers wouldn't read the disk, and this was before I knew of IDE addin cards, so after that she decided to give me the software and PC because she got a new one, and I noticed the Windows 3.1 and MS-Dos 5.0 with the commodore labels.

I will get Virtual PC set up to see if there was any special software or any special modifications to 3.1 or anything, would scans of the disks be helpful as well?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:59 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
hypr wrote:
I don't remember the model, the PC's IDE controllers wouldn't read the disk, and this was before I knew of IDE addin cards, so after that she decided to give me the software and PC because she got a new one, and I noticed the Windows 3.1 and MS-Dos 5.0 with the commodore labels.

I will get Virtual PC set up to see if there was any special software or any special modifications to 3.1 or anything, would scans of the disks be helpful as well?

VFDs of them would be good.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:48 am 
Donator

I just made a VHD to check but there really isn't anything different, I can however make scans of the disks if anyone is interested.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]