Rate My Teachers

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Beta Freak
FTP Access

Rate My Teachers

Post by Beta Freak »

Anybody seen this website before? It lets you comment on your teachers, and I applied for School Moderator which I got.
Link

idontknow
FTP Access

Post by idontknow »

Well I have seen the Canadian one before (same thing, only my schools that I went to are included) I agree with most comments there, and like the system where you have to get your comment checked before it gets posted. One thing I hate are the fake teachers though...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Haha, my secondary school was on there. Nice to see people still hate the PE teacher Mr Batch. I posted this on his comments:
We all hated him (us guys from the round the corner gang). We deliberately didn't bring out kits to annoy him, and hey, it worked. He never managed to give us detention either!

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

there was a phase of that website here, it even made the news

idontknow
FTP Access

Post by idontknow »

This site made the news for us too, you get caught using it you get suspended. Our school is one of them! It is on the "Wall of Shame" on the site.

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

Hehe, theres a maths teacher at my school. hes really old and when i found out he went part time i went up to him and said 'Sir, why don't u just hurry up and retire'

Of course, that didn't go down well..
The better candies are in the cage

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

kichimi wrote:Hehe, theres a maths teacher at my school. hes really old and when i found out he went part time i went up to him and said 'Sir, why don't u just hurry up and retire'

Of course, that didn't go down well..

i remember in study, our study teacher was looking at all the ratings with us

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

somebody showed that to my shop teacher at school and she was on it- now its blocked from every computer in the school and students who are seen posting comments on it can get thrown out and sent back to their sending town (im in a regional voc. school, http://baypath.tec.ma.us/) bcuz they say its harrassment against the teachers... i think it violates the right 2 free speech in the first amendment of the constitution, but w/e

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

benny1091 wrote:somebody showed that to my shop teacher at school and she was on it- now its blocked from every computer in the school and students who are seen posting comments on it can get thrown out and sent back to their sending town (im in a regional voc. school, http://baypath.tec.ma.us/) bcuz they say its harrassment against the teachers... i think it violates the right 2 free speech in the first amendment of the constitution, but w/e
It does violate right to free speech and anyone kicked out of a school because of it should take the school to court because you'll probably win. Also, its anonymous posting so how do they know who did it?

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Andy wrote:its anonymous posting so how do they know who did it?
Apparently they give your IP address to the school. depending on the circumstances, this may / may not help find who posted.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

hounsell wrote:
Andy wrote:its anonymous posting so how do they know who did it?
Apparently they give your IP address to the school. depending on the circumstances, this may / may not help find who posted.
Isnt that a breech of privacy? Anyway it won't help my secondary school, im 180 miles away from it

Beta Freak
FTP Access

Post by Beta Freak »

Only if you threaten a teacher or similar.

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

my school is probably just bluffing anyway- like they just paid for 200 cameras and they had them installed, but i noticed when they were testing one in my shop, ther was a red-ligh on it 2 show when the camera was on. None of the other cameras, all of them the same model, ever have the lights on- including the one in my shop

i guess ill hav 2 wait until next year- we're getting a new dean and a new principal, so i think things will change (hopefully)