A great and painful loss...

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
empireum
Donator

A great and painful loss...

Post by empireum »

First off, I know this is way off-topic, but keep in mind this is what this topic is for...

The story: Last Friday, one of my teachers died at a sudden heart-attack. He was in his 60s and noone expected something like this to happen to him. And not only has he been my politics teacher for the last year, and one of the friendliest teachers I've ever had, he was also a friend of mine. We were in private contact, we used to meet in his home and I could discuss almost anything with him. He truly deserved the sympathy I had for him. And now, he is gone, I've lost someone I liked very much forever. I will greatly miss him.

At the moment, I don't know how well I'll be able to get over this. I am extremely sad, there's chaos inside me...

How would you feel if something like this happened to you?

ihartmacz

Post by ihartmacz »

I'd feel terrible. He's obviously going to be missed, I wish more of my teachers were like this one.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your teacher. I think the easiest way to deal with a loss is to just take it as it comes. Don't try to fight off any emotions, let it all come out. The more you keep it in the harder it will get.

I hope that helps you get through.

RentedMule
Donator

Circle of life

Post by RentedMule »

Teachers are people too, and even good people die. Unfortunately, I am getting old enough that I am not sure I have any former teachers left.

tpemail
FTP Access

Post by tpemail »

Hope he rest in peace.

Back to February 2006,my last semester in my high school, I heard that one of my geography teacher committed suicide, and then I couldn't stop crying for days. Even today I still wonder why he has to do that.

I myself don't know how I managed to get over it though...Likely I did nothing and just try to let it pass with time...
But I would suggest that don't try to hide your emotions, just let them all come out and it'll make you feel better.

Shrimp
FTP Access

Post by Shrimp »

hey empireum, I know exactly how you feel, I still haven't gotten over what happended last december. My friend who was the same age as me and i've known since elementary school got hit by a car. I'm still shocked by it and sometimes I don't even believe it's really even happended but i'm trying to learn to say goodbye to him. I'll always miss him but atleast I have memories of the times we spent together. I'm very sorry about your loss.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

I FELT terrable, not I WOULD FEEL.

About 3 years ago, a tech teacher that was really cool passed away from Cancer. Really a shame, but atleast she died sleeping, so it wasn't painful.

You'll get over it, I got over this, but you will still think about him.

psiren
FTP Access

Post by psiren »

I know how you feel. I lost my best mate when I was in school to leukemia. Since then I've lost a few family members, and it doesn't get any easier. One thing that you do reflect upon during these times though is your own mortality. When my time comes, I want to look death in the face and say that I've lived my life to the best I can - and now I'm knackered!

My sincerce condolences to you mate during this difficult time.