BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 8h, 22m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 6000MB of 11022MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: lol, I got a letter from the government        Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
I got a letter from the governmentImage'
in response to
Quote:

National Archives and Records Administration
Ramona Oliver, FOIA Officer
Office of the General Counsel
Room 3110
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
Dear Sir or Madam:
Under the “Freedom of Information Act”, I am able to request many things from the government. I would like a copy of “Production of Uranium Feed Materials”, and below is the correct formatting for such a request.

| 263 | | 2234 | | MPPCK | 16 | 910 | P | Production of Uranium Feed Materials | | No |

I also would like “Don’t be a Sucker/Propaganda/Prejudices”

| 263 | | 1643 | | MPPC | 16 | 695 | P | Don't be a Sucker/Propaganda/Prejudices | | No |
I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
If you choose to deny this request, please provide a written explanation for the denial including a reference to the specific statutory exemption(s) upon which you rely. Also, please provide all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material.
Please be advised that I am prepared to pursue whatever legal remedy necessary to obtain access to the requested records. I would note that violation of the open records law can result in the award of court costs and attorney fees.
Thank you for your assistance.
Sincerely,
X

Aparently this is being forwarded to the CIA for processing, as these are CIA films. OHNOES!

Last edited by Bender on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 pm 
FTP Access

lol

Governments are complicated

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:06 pm 
Donator

you will probably get on the terrorism watchlist

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:35 am 
FTP Access

Why would he get on the terrorism watchlist? He's only requesting a pair of documents from National archives that have been made available through the Freedom of Information Act.

It is pretty funny when you think about it though. A government agency makes top-secret videos and then (albeit eventually) turns them over to a public archive for public viewing/distribution anyway. A quick web search turned up a guy's site that has a full list of films that can now be requested from the NARA.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/cia/films_at_nara.htm

Shame I'm in the UK really. I feel that 'The Sun' newspaper over here could learn a thing or two from top titles off this list like 'How Free Should the Press Be?' and 'Brainwashing'. Heehee! Mind you though, I see what you're saying with some of the titles like 'Spying for Uncle Sam - Part 1'!

A footnote there is that they might charge you a reproduction fee! You'll have to let us know (if you're still around) if you here anything more on this one, Fireware!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 pm 
rws7 wrote:
lol

Governments are complicated

true!

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:27 am 
FTP Access

That's why the people themselves need to find a way to get more power in order to improve government for the people by the people.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]