BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 11h, 39m | CPU: 23% | MEM: 5701MB of 11995MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:13 am 
FTP Access

Andy wrote:
No source so Im guessing its just a rumour.

It was on the r-type before it was closed down. Sevreal members from Glenda were complaining about how hard it was to make conversation since there wasn't that much to say, and they somhow slipped that in. Don't know how credible they are, so, yes, treat it as a rumor until there's some kind of proof.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:23 am 
Donator

the forum is overrated. not a huge loss if you don't get invited

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:52 am 

Actually there is a source about the actual OSBA sending out a second wave of invites according to Mark White (grabberslasher) at AXP.
Quote:
Just to make it clear:

osba.r-type.ca is not the new OSBA, it's working from a stolen/'acquired' version of the database. R-type was the biggest factor that made OSBA close down.

The authorized and current continuation of OSBA isn't called OSBA, and they are slowly inviting back members, but they're working on doing up the site a little before they start the second round of inviting.

What intrigues me is that osba.r-type seem to have a registered IPB license. As I still hold the OSBA board license (for another year) I'm gonna check up on that.

Link

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:55 am 
FTP Access

Beta Freak wrote:
Actually there is a source about the actual OSBA sending out a second wave of invites according to Mark White (grabberslasher) at AXP.
Quote:
Just to make it clear:

osba.r-type.ca is not the new OSBA, it's working from a stolen/'acquired' version of the database. R-type was the biggest factor that made OSBA close down.

The authorized and current continuation of OSBA isn't called OSBA, and they are slowly inviting back members, but they're working on doing up the site a little before they start the second round of inviting.

What intrigues me is that osba.r-type seem to have a registered IPB license. As I still hold the OSBA board license (for another year) I'm gonna check up on that.

Link

Intresting... I wonder how he knows that, considering the fact that he has never logged into Glenda... Maybe via WLM or something...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: ...        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:11 am 
Donator

I came here because OSBetaArchive shut down. Amazing I never got an invite. Maybe it is for the better seeing as I shared 1000x more than people shared with me. It still was a good place to get things that are close to impossible to find on the net. Hopefully this place can fill that gap.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: ...        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:45 am 
FTP Access

RentedMule wrote:
I came here because OSBetaArchive shut down. Amazing I never got an invite. Maybe it is for the better seeing as I shared 1000x more than people shared with me. It still was a good place to get things that are close to impossible to find on the net. Hopefully this place can fill that gap.

It has doen something that Glenda could not do yet- getting people to actually post frequently.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4