BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 18h, 34m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 1731MB of 3205MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Viewing Network Settings (in limited user)        Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 am 
FTP Access

Yah as the subject says, i was trying to find a way of viewing the network settings such as port and ip address without directly using the control panel interface. Is anybody able to help me?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:31 am 
FTP Access

It doesn't let you double-click the little icon in the system tray? I don't really know what is allowed as a Limited User - is Command Prompt > ipconfig allowed? If not, you should be able to run Everest, which gives you pretty much every bit of information about your system that you could want, and I think doesn't need to be installed so can be run even where you don't have install privileges.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:45 pm 
Donator

ipconfig runs as a limited user, not sure if you can change anysettings but you can view your IP settings.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:55 am 
FTP Access

Thanks, it worked. Now I can get firefox, ftp etc working.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]