BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 49d, 2h, 46m | CPU: 76% | MEM: 6549MB of 11179MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 pm 
FTP Access

I was looking for somewhere I could archive and online game betas which had functionality beyond that of the release version (private servers and the like) that I had. It takes a weight off my shoulders knowing I'm not the only one backing them up anymore.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 6.22
I was looking for early Windows Chicago builds. First I found this page: http://www.mrpijey.net/betaarchive/List/. Then I saw the text Betaarchive. I used google to look for this text. It displayed link to betaarchive.com.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I discovered Betaarchive after hearing about it on youtube and win world.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I found BA when I was looking for some "Threshold" builds found on YouTube channels.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
I found out through people who were members of WinWorldPC when I was.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 3713
Found BetaArchive On Youtube while watching Videos of NT 5.0 Builds.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:00 pm 
FTP Access

Google. *hehe*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:16 pm 
FTP Access

I discovered it originally when searching for as much information as I could find on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. builds, which the forum provided great detail on. I found it again several times later while searching for information on other games and betas as well. And I stayed for the continued great information that is shared on the forum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I personally discovered BetaArchive through Googling years ago, I think around 2009 or 2010, as I was looking for some information on Windows development builds. I grew up messing around with Windows, mostly since 98 and the then-recently-released XP were so commonplace at the time that it's nice for one to discover how and why Windows is basically everywhere even to this day (Spoiler alert: Heck of a lot of OEM deals and such, but I think there's also some quite snarky tactics involved and what not). Took me a really long while to sign up for BetaArchive, when this one day arrived that I was cleaning up the garage and I dug out a Spanish copy of Norton AV (We were from the Caribbean so that explains why it's Spanish) the family got when they bought their first computer in the house, which is still going strong running WinFLP, and so I decided to offer the AV for the FTP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler 2428 and Longhorn 3713
I found it while looking up photos of Windows 2000 Powered (which turns out to be Advanced Server with more features). I eventually found the photos for boot screens, but I didn't start emulating until September of this year.

BetaWiki contributor.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pm 
FTP Access

I needed a Windows Longhorn beta and WinWorld PC was down/migrating, so I ended up here. Mentioned site got online before I got FTP access though :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Several years ago I watched one YouTube video about old operating systems, and the author of this video recommends BA as large source of old OS and more - so I checked it and... now I have an account here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
4050Build.Aero
Googling about FTP Servers. However, I will never be able to find something like BA.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
I first discovered The Collection Book (can't remember how) and I emailed Rob Jansen on how he acquired the builds he took screenshots of. He mentioned this site and he did warn me to actually use the FTP, I needed to contribute something. I was very glad actually. Just like ATeamInc said, no other site can match BA (not even WinWorldPC).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:58 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 Professional
I found a video on YouTube called "Windows Millennium Build 3294". I was wondering on how the uploader got it as I had build 2380, but not 2394, so I asked him and he responded "BetaArchive's FTP Servers". A simple Google search led me here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
DOS
While searching for the leaked builds.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 am 
Donator

Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Favourite OS
Windows 7 M3 (6801)
I found BetaArchive by recommendations on WinPrj.net (defunct since 2011 or so) and MSFN.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.51 build 1057
Panda X wrote:
When OSBA shut down I heard that this was starting up. I didn't create an account until sometime after though.

same here ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:38 am 
FTP Access

Searching for some obscure old Macromedia software lead me to a forum topic that suggested I could find it here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 6.22
I was looking for original disk image backups for Sim City 2000 as my second floppy disk had failed. A Vogons thread mentioned Betaarchive and that was that.

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10