BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 0h, 39m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 2302MB of 3979MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 pm 
Permanently Banned

Favourite OS
Windows Betas
How I found betaarchive was a few years back only for the amazing wiki. But then I found out about a betaarchive ftp that hosts all kinds of abandonware and beta goodies so then I joined betaarchive.

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 pm 
FTP Access

Archenemy wrote:
How I found betaarchive was a few years back only for the amazing wiki. But then I found out about a betaarchive ftp that hosts all kinds of abandonware and beta goodies so then I joined betaarchive.
Not meaning to say the BA Wiki is in a bad shape but if you are interested in more info (for example Windows 1 DR5 has an amazing article), I highly recommend checking out http://www.betawiki.net

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:47 am 
Donator

I was a member of the old OSBA back in the day, So naturally I moved over to BetaArchive. I remember cutting my teeth on old chicago builds and wishing that someday I could be an OS developer. Nowadays I am a 2nd year business student and I still wish that I could be an OS developer.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:23 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
Beta_Train wrote:
I was a member of the old OSBA back in the day

So I guess the question is, how did you find OSBA?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:05 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
windows
I have discovered Beta Archive during this last summer, when I was looking for informations about Windows Longhorn builds. And I have quickly decided to join.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:25 pm 
Donator

john11 wrote:
Beta_Train wrote:
I was a member of the old OSBA back in the day

So I guess the question is, how did you find OSBA?

I was using WinWorld a lot in the day, because it was the best one for old DOS and Windows 3.1 disks. After a while I did a search for beta operating systems, found OSBA and then fell in love with the whole scene :-)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:08 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98SE
I just stumbled over BA a year ago while I was searching for Windows 98 betas. When I saw the content of the forums I just had to join

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:30 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Gentoo
I was looking for old operating systems, not made by microsoft. Google showed me this place many years ago, but I thought it was mostly for betas. It wasn't until later when I found out abandonware was also a big part of it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:57 pm 
Permanently Banned

Favourite OS
Windows Betas
Lukas Marsik wrote:
Archenemy wrote:
Not meaning to say the BA Wiki is in a bad shape but if you are interested in more info (for example Windows 1 DR5 has an amazing article), I highly recommend checking out http://www.betawiki.net

I recommend checking out this wiki if you want to see every bit of change to the windows operating system: http://beta-changes.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_Changes_Wiki which is not my wiki by the way.

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:13 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
After reading these two pages at toastytech.org I wanted to know more about the two Chicago builds, and so I first got here (around 2010).

I have waited some years before registering though (and it was probably a good thing).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:02 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
In case any one is wondering. I found it by a link in some remote place i care to forget now.

Still it's been nigh on next to near a decade or so ago since then.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:24 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
os2fan2 wrote:
In case any one is wondering. I found it by a link in some remote place i care to forget now.

We're happy you're still with us! You're definitely one of the longest active users :)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
os2fan2 wrote:

It's scary to think how long I've been on this site. I was 11 when I joined, and now I'm a legal adult. ._.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
You can get illegal adults? :mrgreen:

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
window 2
Lmao it's actually been half a decade since I joined. Weird when you put it that way considering I don't think 2010 was that long ago. And then there are people who joined in 2006, and even before that in the old OSBA days. I was bloody 9 years old when I joined this site, holy [censored]. I think I found it because a lot of beta videos on youtube would say "Download link: BA FTP" in the description.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:55 am 
Donator

Take a backward step, then a forward step

Favourite OS
LH 4015, Chicago 73g, XP 2416
Well, it's been a while since I joined lol, I've been here for at least half of BA's existence. Hell, I remember the whole bronies vs. taterbros thing. I think a made some parody of it somewhere...

When in doubt...
iddqd
idkfa

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98SE, XP & Longhorn
I can't remember correctly but I was looking for some information regarding Longhorn Build 4074 and this forum had quite interesting posts, it's also basically the only one with people helping you instead of just saying stuff like "What do you want with Windows 98? Upgrade to a newer system!" and stuff like that.

- AMD FX 8150 8x4,00GHz, 16GB RAM - Windows 7
- AMD Singlecore 2,4GHz, 2GB RAM - Windows XP
- Medion Akoya E1222: Intel Atom 2x1,6GHz, 1GB RAM - Longhorn 4042

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3 and Longhorn 4074
I discovered BA when my interest on Longhorn began last summer. You can thank MajorSky17 and his "Windows on Windows" series of videos for starting (and restarting) this interest. I searched for stuff on LH and I came across this website and the wiki.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.00.1575
Windows OS wrote:
I discovered BA when my interest on Longhorn began last summer. You can thank MajorSky17 and his "Windows on Windows" series of videos for starting (and restarting) this interest. I searched for stuff on LH and I came across this website and the wiki.

I'm one of MajorSky17's biggest fans :-P

Anyway :D , How I found BetaArchive, I Was watching a Windows Startup and Shutdown sounds video (when I was almost completely new to the beta scene), I saw Odyssey in it, then I decided to look up info about it, then found this "Odyssey RTM Project" Thread topic I found here, I wanted to post on it, so I decided to make an account and posted on it. Then when I looked more into the site, I started posting more, then found out about the FTP and wanted access, but I was stuck using WinWorld and OSCollect and was jealous. After about 6 months since I first registered, I grew lots of beta interest and knew more about betas, also MajorSky17 (when he had like a couple hundred subscribers on YouTube), encouraged me to look into betas more. And finally, around the end of May 2015, I was so excited when I uploaded my first contribution and got FTP access. Currently today, I know alot about betas and now am a smarter and more mature user.

Offtopic Comment
Anyone seen the posts I made last year?, I was making childish posts, and posting about simple things. Man, I sure matured alot more from last year, make smarter posts, and think before I make topics

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
I found some archives on trash picked computer which contained some Whistler betas, archives also a file which said originated from betaarchive.co.uk or something like that. :-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All under 2428
I found BetaArchive while searching around for some random Windows Betas, though the links on google only brought me to the topics. I went and joined some days later.

png is better than jpeg.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
Don't remember exactly, but I believe back then I was searching for information on Windows Odyssey and found a screenshot which was in the Fake screenshot contest thread here on this forum. I wanted to participate in it, but soon found that I couldn't (the series was cancelled in mid-2013).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:47 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
This year marks my 10th year on this site, funny to think, 10 whole years.

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:34 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Gnome wrote:
This year marks my 10th year on this site, funny to think, 10 whole years.

Coming up on 9 here; it's nuts, man. :|

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: How did you find Beta Archive?        Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP
I don't really remember..... I think I was searching for some help for some old OS

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next