The Beginner's Guide To Computers

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

The Beginner's Guide To Computers

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

http://www.angelfire.com/rings/judy_patch/

Marco told me about this site. It's hilarious. Here's the opening line:

"Angelfire finally restored my web site, a hacker got into my main frame and got my hard drives Ip Address. "

LOL.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

LMFAO!!!

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

lol.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

haha, some people are dumb

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

Hilarious! A CPU is a motherboard? I have to admit, I didn't know that...

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Lol look at the ram picture....
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

Compactflash card......

Deathwarder
FTP Access

Post by Deathwarder »

"A C.P.U.'s speed is measured by the amount of busses it has. A Bus is a tiny microscopic electronic component that carries computer data. The more busses a cpu has, the more data can be carried at once, the faster it is. Most of today's modern C.P.U.s have over 700 busses."
honestly, this person is an idiot....
"There are three main types of chips, Celeron, Pentium and A.M.D. There are no distinct differences between the three, just different brands, although, Pentium is the most widely known and is suported by most, if not all, software companies."
My god, this person is beyond describable, there is no difference, honestly...
"Random access memory, or R.A.M. is used by the computer to store files and data until the P.C. is shut down."
hmm, I thought is stored data for the computer to work with....

"whenever you create a file, edit a document or make any similar changes, all this information is stored in your R.A.M. until you shut down, then it is transferred onto your HDD disk drive. Ofcourse a computer runs better if it has more R.A.M., the standard amout of R.A.M. for todays home P.C.s is about 512 mgb of R.A.M."
ummm, no, this is just so wrong I don't know where to begin.

"There are different types of R.A.M. which include EDO, SD and DDR. There is a new standard of R.A.M. beginning sale this year, it is known as DDR2 which holds more data than normal DDR R.A.M."
Hmm, edo is flash, same with sd, and ddr2 was sold before the beginning of the year.

"DDR3 is also expected to go on sale in early 2007 which will be able to hold even more data than DDR and DDR2."
No, its main positive is faster speeds.

"Every Hard drive has a unique IP address. An IP address is used by the internet so the governmnet can keep track of you. That way if someone is doing something illegal, such as hacking, the government or police can identify this person by their IP address, simmilar to a cars liscence plate."
This is just too funny.

"Some hackers however, have found ways to steal peoples IP address by using special virusses called trojan horses. Once the hacker has stolen someones IP address, they can use it while hacking to avoid being caught.

stealing IP addresses is illegal and I will not be explaining how to do it here.
"
interesting...
"got my hard drives Ip Address"
this is as good as it gets.

moonlit
FTP Access

Post by moonlit »

ROFL!