BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 4h, 10m | CPU: 54% | MEM: 2146MB of 4271MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: OMG        Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:24 pm 
Donator

i almost lost my vista ultimate key i got from being on the beta (costs like $900 here). luckly i saved it in my 'digital locker' on windows marketplace :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:53 am 
FTP Access

that would seriously blow
write the sucker down!!
:P
and put it in a safe XD

If you're havin' IE problems, I feel bad for you, son - I got 99 problems but a browser ain't one. - DJ Danger Mime

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:25 am 
FTP Access

Is it not also stored on the Connect site like the beta keys are, or did they give it to you in a different way than the system where you get beta keys and they are all listed on the site?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:47 pm 

it is just displayed and sent to the testers inbox. its in your inbox isnt it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:03 pm 
Donator

it was stored on the connect site but not anymore. i looked in my emails but i couldn't find it. i have writen it down now though :lol: (stuck to my monitor)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:04 am 
FTP Access

___ wrote:
i have writen it down now though :lol: (stuck to my monitor)

*Sneaks past your window with a pair of binoculars and a notepad* :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:07 am 
FTP Access

i'll say it straight up
go to a computer store with a camera phone and snap pictures of the serial numbers...
Did and how i have about a dozen serials, covering every version of vista

If you're havin' IE problems, I feel bad for you, son - I got 99 problems but a browser ain't one. - DJ Danger Mime

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:30 am 
FTP Access

Could you activate those on any PC though, or only the brand of PC that they are meant for? Are they like those multiple activation OEM keys where you have to use that bios emulation driver for them to work, or are individual OEM keys different? Also, is Vista like XP and previous Windows versions, where to use an OEM key you need a different install disc (or at least the pid files from the OEM disc)? I've never seen an OEM Vista disc image available online if they are different to the retail ones.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:38 am 
FTP Access

i doubt the images are significantly different.
however you can use an OEM serial on a store computer with a fresh install of vista, as long as its the same vista version. This is because vista is all in one image, all versions in one. So if you copy a serial, then somehow obtain the Vista RTM x86/x64 DVD, and start the install, then put in the serial, and it will automatically install the correct version for that serial.
however what i mean is copying of the actualy boxes with the install DVDs, most of the time they are in clear larger plastic boxes to prevent theft, however this actually helps theft...

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 am 
FTP Access

spaceship9 wrote:
however what i mean is copying of the actualy boxes with the install DVDs, most of the time they are in clear larger plastic boxes to prevent theft, however this actually helps theft...

How can you see the serials inside the box though? To see the serial you have to slide out the bit that holds the disc and manual as it is stuck on the back of there, and you couldn't do that unless you'd broken the seal on the box. Unless you mean the OEM boxes, which are more like standard plastic DVD cases - they may have the serial number more visible, I don't know, I haven't seen one of those close up.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:54 pm 
Donator

i had to ring microsoft to activate it because it was already 'activated' (i had upgrade my computer and gone to xp). I could have just used a keyfinder on someones computer and activated

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:00 pm 
FTP Access

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
spaceship9 wrote:

How can you see the serials inside the box though? To see the serial you have to slide out the bit that holds the disc and manual as it is stuck on the back of there, and you couldn't do that unless you'd broken the seal on the box. Unless you mean the OEM boxes, which are more like standard plastic DVD cases - they may have the serial number more visible, I don't know, I haven't seen one of those close up.

No, its on the top of the box....
shiny sticker, says "Windows Genuine" or some crap.
though its harder with Vista Ultimate RTM because the store rarely puts them out, generally its just the upgrade... but they always leave out home and business.
and office '07, which blows IMHO

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]