How Can I Detect the Revisonnumber from Vista/LHS

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Luckie
Donator

How Can I Detect the Revisonnumber from Vista/LHS

Post by Luckie »

For my Windowdetection component I need the revision number from Vista/LHS, for exampe 6001.16497. The Buildnumber 6001 is no problem, I can get it through

Code: Select all

GetVersionEx
. But the problem is the 16497.

Any Ideas?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

LordSTITH

Post by LordSTITH »

it's not just in the general system profile?

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

what do you mean?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

It's stored in the registry, in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT IIRC.

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

no, that was my first idea. I solved it bye reading the info from a DLL from Vista/LHS.