Post your connection speed here!

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Andy
Administrator

Re: Post your connection speed here!

Post by Andy »

Just tell them BT probably upgraded the firmware and it reset it to default :P

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Andy wrote:Just tell them BT probably upgraded the firmware and it reset it to default :P
That could actually work, maybe I'll have to try it this weekend

Back on topic lol:
- proxy used at school to bypass blocks on BA, reddit and the like (Psiphon). Had to route through Japan today, long story.
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

mibrab
FTP Access

Post by mibrab »

Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

gag2000
FTP Access

Post by gag2000 »

Windows OS
FTP Access

Post by Windows OS »

Fun fact: I'm moving soon, and AT&T offers GIGABIT INTERNET in some of the places we're looking at. Here's hoping that mah parents pick a place where Ma Bell can supply us with dat fiber for our internets.
Where was I? Anyway, here's my current Speedtest:
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

ovctvct
FTP Access

Post by ovctvct »

Windows OS wrote:Fun fact: I'm moving soon, and AT&T offers GIGABIT INTERNET in some of the places we're looking at. Here's hoping that mah parents pick a place where Ma Bell can supply us with dat fiber for our internets.
Where was I? Anyway, here's my current Speedtest:
Wow, saw your signature, you're lucky, my current speeds are ~90 Mbps(both upload and download), not bad but probably due to the fact I don't have a gigabit card(100Mbps only), only a gigabit router, and worse, I don't have usb3 ports so I'll need to get one and a USB3 gigabit card before I can go above 100MBps. But still good speeds compared to what others have :P And my ISP won't provide anything above 100Mbps even tough they have fiber(but IDK if it's gigabit fiber or just 100Mbps fiber).

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Finally reset my BT router admin password and got powerline up to my room, where it then goes into a D-Link router re-purposed as an access point / ethernet switch. Doesn't seem too bad for Fast Ethernet (only BT router is Gigabit). Port forwarding still doesn't work.
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

Download speed great, upload speed meh.

ovctvct
FTP Access

Post by ovctvct »

computebrute wrote:Image

Download speed great, upload speed meh.
I could never understand why upload speeds are always much below download. I get 90 Mbps on both, including upload(even without gigabit connection), which seems unusual? Or maybe because my network card is limiting it to 100Mbps because that's what it's capable of?(lol, my net was supposed to be 50 Mbps but of course it's much faster than that, it's probably 50 MBps=400Mbps).
Last edited by ovctvct on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

I pay for 200m download and 15m upload so this is actually better than what I'm supposed to get.

ovctvct
FTP Access

Post by ovctvct »

Me too... btw how much does it cost? Mine costs about $13 equivalent per month. I guess my ISP was confusing Mbps with MBps, because, when I did a test with a gigabit laptop, it jumps over 100MBps... who knows? Of course not the 50 Mbps it was supposed to be.
Last edited by ovctvct on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

ovctvct wrote:I could never understand why upload speeds are always much below download.
Because typical consumers don't really need high upload speeds. However, on connections intended for different kinds of customers, this isn't necessarily the case.
Last edited by Wheatley on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

Well, I pay $207 per month. It's worth it if you ask me.

ovctvct
FTP Access

Post by ovctvct »

computebrute wrote:Well, I pay $207 per month. It's worth it if you ask me.
Wow. You won't believe how cheap internet is there. A gigabit(1000Mbps) connection only costs $11 there(yeah, my ISP is far more expensive compared to others, but I have no choice). And my $13 connection also includes TV cable.
Offtopic Comment
Is it just me or are offtopic posts actually counted now?
Wheatley wrote:However, on connections intended for different kinds of customers, this isn't necessarily the case.
Probably it's not an "usual" consumer connection, as some people there are having public FTP servers. BTW I also can't understand why some PC manufacturers still sell PCs without gigabit ports today(mine for example lacks one), since gigabit ports should be the de-facto standard today.

EDIT: My internet is now 200Mbps but I STILL can't reach that, thanks to my "fast" ethernet card and those [censored] who still sell PCs with 100 Mbps cards...
Last edited by ovctvct on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andorria
FTP Access

Post by Andorria »

ovctvct
FTP Access

Post by ovctvct »

I've just done a wireless speed test- and it's- in short- unbelievable!- it peaked at 110 Mbps download and ~99 Mbps upload...(can't post screenshot, tested on a Lumia 550 but it's no lie) Not bad for wireless N @ 450 Mbps wifi speed. Of course my router is gigabit, and my net is ~200 Mbps.Probably one of the (few) cases when wifi is faster than ethernet...

winlego3210
FTP Access

Post by winlego3210 »

x86 assembly: imperial
68k assembly: metric