BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 13h, 38m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 6171MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: I hate some eBay sellers        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:16 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
OK so here is the story...

I needed a new laptop battery so as you would expect the manufacturer is going to be very expensive; they were. £99.99 they wanted for a new official battery! Because of this I had a look on eBay saw a nice one for £54.99 inc p&p. Lovely! I thought and quickly proceeded to buy it. The seller had tens of thousands of good feedback so that drew me in quite a lot.

3 days later it arrived in the post. Brilliant! Put it in my laptop, plugged it in, it charged for 5 mins then said it was full. Even better, it was totally full on arrival. I then proceded to run my laptop in it for 4 hours! This is 2 1/2 hours more than the original battery. I was really pleased. When it went flat it was about 11pm so I put it on charge for the night and went to bed.

The next day I was taking my laptop to college so I was really happy I had this new battery. I got to college and put in the battery and pressed the power button. The LED on the front flashed orange and that was it. The battery was dead. WTF! It had been on charge all night. When I got home I tried charging it. It charged for 5 minutes and said charged. WTF again.

I sent the battery back and got a replacement. That one did the same and then I asked for my money back. The seller said to send it back and if it is faulty then we will issue a refund but if it is not then they will send that battery back! WHAT! I wasn't happy about this so I quoted the Sales Of Goods Act which clearly states that any item not fit for purpose should be met with a replacement or refund. As Id had a replacement already I now wanted a refund. So I asked again stating the Sales Of Goods Act. He still said he wanted 25% restocking fees!

I couldn't be bothered with it anymore so I contatced eBay for some help. They directed me to PayPal who then sorted it out for me. 3 days later I had sent it back and PayPal issued a refund (which isnt in my account yet but will be within 5 days, and its day 3 now).

Finally that was sorted so I went out and bought a universal laptop battery pack which I knew would work. It was £79.99 as appose to £54.99 but at least I can take it back to a shop instead of waiting for an eBay member.

And here it is:

It looks like a small laptop but its universal and works with any laptop so thats even better. Itll easily fit in my laptop bag too which makes it even more worthwhile :)

A happy ending overall but so much hassle!

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Hate to be the stick in the mud        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:57 am 
Donator

This is a reason I will never use paypal. As far as anyone else is concerned, you COULD be plain out lying or have no idea what you are doing (not implying such). But it doesn't matter. The guy is out money, and hell, you could even keep the battery at that point.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:59 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
No, this is the reason I DO use paypal, they sorted it out. They want you to send the item back and provide them with a tracking code. Once its been delivered they issue your refund. Its as easy as that.

PayPal has to be the safest way ever to send money. I don't know why people don't trust it. Is it because its associated with eBay? eBay and PayPal are different companies, they just have the same owners.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: here's why        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:23 am 
Donator

The reason I hate it is the statement above. I had sold a Dreamcast Development kit (~$600) to a certain fellow. He used outdated development software, flashed a rom with the wrong image, and rendered it useless. What did he do? Claimed to paypal that I ripped him off. Money was taken from my account and I never saw the system again.

All communication to paypal was apparently ignored.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]