BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 20h, 47m | CPU: 55% | MEM: 5972MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Anybody else Play SimCity?        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 pm 
Staff

I have SimCity 4 and 3000. Does anybody else play it?
I can never make a good city without the cheats (added DLL) adding a load of money.
If anybody else does play either of them should I figure out a way to share them?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:08 pm 
FTP Access

What do you mean by a good city then? I can make a city that fills the largest map available and has a reasonable population without cheating (though over quit a long period of time) - money isn't really the problem (I think in the city I have made at the moment I have heaps of money, as once you have a good-sized population you get a lot of income), what I can never seem to get right is that lots of the buildings in certain parts of my cities always seem to become abandoned due to long commute! I never try to build public trasnport systems as that seems very difficult to get right and very expensive, so maybe you do have to do that to avoid this happening.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:29 pm 
Staff

I mean without cheats the City eventually goes bankrupt because I cant get enough money coming in.
It might something to do with transport too early as you said.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:38 pm 
FTP Access

Do you build public transport quite early on then? Try without, as it's very expensive both to build and run. What tax rate do you usually set?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:58 pm 
FTP Access

I'm somewhat successful in Sim City. You are opperating at a loss in the beginning of the game. I would not build really fast, but when the income and expenses even out, then I would build faster then speed up time (that shouldn't be cheating). Don't build anything expensive like subways or High Schools until later (one of my big cities only have elementary schools). As for transit the easiest thing to do is once you build a group of buildings, drop a bus stop in. My transit system works very well like this.

This should work, it worked in both Sim City 2000 and 4

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:27 am 
FTP Access

I play and own SimCity for Super Nintendo, SimCity 2000, and SimCity 3000. All are addicting, but the one for the SNES has to be my all-time favorite. I'm glad they released it for the Wii, so that way it's preserved for all-time now.

Or until the Wii is "outdated..."

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]