BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 2h, 39m | CPU: 44% | MEM: 2144MB of 3539MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: HDD on USB disconnecting problems! :(        Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:21 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Ok, i got a new HDD on USB yesterday. I connected it to notebook, copied some files and disconnected. Than i connected it to desktop PC, copied sth and disconnected. Todays morning (another timezone so...) i connected it to my notebook again and i want to disconnect it and i cant because when i click on "Stop" it says that it cant stop it now and i must wait. i dont have anything opened from my hdd so i dont know why it dont wants to disconnect. Please help... :shock:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:31 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Keep clicking stop until it stops. It can take 5 or 6 attempts sometimes. If that fails and you dont want to yank the cable out, shut the pc down then when its off switch the drive off then remove it.

I would recommend not using a USB drive anyway since they are prone to corrupting their partition tables as someone I know did last night and its something Ive done in the future.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:59 am 
Andy wrote:
I know did last night and its something Ive done in the future.

o_O

damn, i wish i knew when i would be ruining a HDD ahead of time, that would make data restoration hella easier.

i use a usb-IDE connector that supports mini, 3.5 and SATA HDD and it has tons of trouble detecting the HDD if the jumpers arent set right, but once it's setup properly using it is a snap, with no data loss. i don't even have to "stop" it, it's truly plug-n-play, but perhaps this is a feature of win2k3sp1r2 and not the usb-IDE BIOS?

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:33 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Id think the OS would have something to do with it yes. It happened to me on XP, which doesnt seem to like it.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]