BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 18h, 19m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 1860MB of 3935MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Instant OS Switching        Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
I know instant OS switching is something a lot of people have dreamt of for a long time. Its something I wished I had for ages. Anyway, recently i saw thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1XQyT_IbA and decided to give it a go myself.

What I did:
Got myself a vista installation, installed vpc 2007 RCsomething, install XP in it with addons installed. The i installed Virtual Dimension on vista, and created two desktops. Ihad my normal vista desktop on the first one and put VPC into full screen mode on the second. There we go, simple as that!

Infact since I did that, I have assigned desktop two too my second monitor, so I have Vista and XP infront of me all the time without a second machine.

And before anyone asks, XP runs just great in the vm, no lag at all. Although I'm sure you couldn't game or anything in it LoL.

I think this is cool, and thought i'd share!

HougTimo

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:56 am 
Donator

Have done something like that on my Intel Mac – created three virtual desktops, running Mac OS X on one, Windows in a VM on the other and Linux in a VM on another one :) Switching is done by a very cool cube effect, you get to see a 3D cube with Windows, Linux, Mac OS X on its sides :D Haven't installed a 3rd OS in a VM to make the cube complete, however :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:04 pm 
FTP Access

could someone write a guide to doing this for the pc?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
i did it on a pc in my first post....just follwthe stepsi took hehe

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]