Tired of Debug Assertion errors, bootscreen hanging in some Longhorn builds, and other problems during the installing? Then this package is for you. Longhorn Packet solves really MANY problems in the setup.
How to use it:
1. Open your "bad" Longhorn ISO in WinRAR (recommended), 7-Zip, or any other archiving program.
2. Unpack it to some folder, like C:\BrokenHorn.
3. Open Longhorn Packet v1.0 in UltraISO (recommended), PowerISO, or any other ISO editing program.
4. Place C:\BrokenHorn or other folder's contents into UNBOOT folder in the Packet, so setup will be available in X:\UNBOOT\SETUP.EXE (X: stands for your CD/DVD-ROM drive, it may vary, depending on your system).
5. Save the ISO as a new file.
6. Now, boot it up and have fun - all problems are solved!
Version 1.1 introduces Easy Mode (also fixes some bugs).
Easy Mode helps you install Longhorn without using any 3rd party partitioning utilities, just boot and go. This also works for some faulty builds like 4011.
When using it, it will delete ALL DATA from the hard drive, if there is any, and will only work correctly if there is only 1 hard drive installed. This is perfect for Virtual Machines.
Version 1.2 changelog:
- A major Easy Mode bug fixed
- Easy Mode improved
- Changed from CLI to GUI
- Cosmetic UI changes
- Minor bugfixes
- Better VirtualBox support
Download (version 1.2):
Patch (1.0 --> 1.1):
Apply this patch to version 1.0 to get version 1.1 out of it.
Download (version 1.1):
Download (version 1.0):
P.S. Also, video guide (but in Russian though ) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b_hL5oJTr0