BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 2h, 46m | CPU: 7% | MEM: 2312MB of 3985MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 3x SVGA and SB16 Tutorial DOSBox        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I don't pick favorites.
Welcome to the Windows 3x SVGA and Soundblaster 16 tutorial. One note before you start: You must complete the "DOSBox: Special Tutorial for DOSBox Daum Cafe SVGA and other" before you start this tutorial. Okay let's begin.

Step 1... There are two parts to this step, Part 1 is if you want to add SVGA during a clean install of Windows 3x, and Part 2 is for if you want to add SVGA to Windows 3x after it has been installed.
Part 1... When you are installing Windows 3x, tell the installation to do custom install during the Express of Custom Install prompt. The installation will then say:

The following hardware and software have been identified on your system:

Now select VGA and press ENTER, now select "Super VGA (1024x768, 256 colors, small fonts)" or large fonts if you want. Then press ENTER. Then press ENTER again. Okay, Windows 3x should install with SVGA if you completed the DOSBox Configuring Tutorial and this Part of Step 1.

Part 2... Okay, if you already have Windows 3x installed, this is your part. In Windows 3x double click Windows Setup on Main in the Program Manager.
Then click Options, and click Change System Settings. Click "VGA" or the Menu to the right of "Display:". Now scroll up and select "Super VGA (1024x768, 256 colors, small fonts)" or large fonts. Then click OK, if Windows 3x asks you for a certain disk, mount that certain disk through DOSBox and tell Windows 3x what drive that disk is. If Windows 3x asks for another disk, do the same thing. That's it for Part 2, restart Windows.

Step 2... This step can only be done after you've installed Windows 3x. This step tells you how to get Soundblaster 16 working with Windows 3x.
Now, first go to www.creative.com. At the top click support. Now click Soundblaster. Scroll down to the "If your product is not listed above" entry.
Click "click here". On the first column of the Please select your product, click Others. On the third column scroll down and click soundblaster 16.
Now scroll down on the Sound Blaster 16 page to this entry:

Sound Blaster 16/SB32/AWE32 Basic Disk for DOS/Windows 3.1 Installation
Filesize: 1.15MB Download
Release date: 30 Dec 97
This package contains Audio drivers, DOS Mixer, DOS Diagnostic program, Win 3.1 Mixer & AWE Control Panel (for AWE32/SB32 cards).

Now click download. Now scroll down and click agree. A file download prompt should come up. Save the file in the directory you made for DOSBox (in the tutorial about configuring). Now open DOSBox and type "C:" (without the quotations). Now type sbbasic. Go through the setup, remember to tell it to install for Windows 3x. Once you're done with that installation, run windows 3x and click Control Panel on Main. Click Drivers. Sound Blaster 16 should be installed. Okay, you're done. Here's a screenshot, as you can notice, there is a Program called Creative Mixer that should install during the sb16 installation, and I've modded my program manager. :P Click to see the full screenshot. Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited by Gamma on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Did you just copy this directly from a website?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I don't pick favorites.
On the past tutorial I made, I learned how to do a lot of it from a website, and I DID NOT COPY IT FROM A WEBSITE, I typed the whole thing. This tutorial I made, I typed the whole thing, and learned the whole thing on my own. Thanks for asking though! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:22 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
give me screen shots :D

Top  Profile  WWW