|[TUT] WinFS on 4029
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ATeamInc [ Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am ]|
|Post subject:||[TUT] WinFS on 4029|
WinFS comes disabled in this build for some reason, so here's a quick guide to enable that. (to get the tasks in explorer, although WinFS isn't really finished by this build and components are missing).
(You can see tasks properly in explorer)
1. Navigate to services(services.msc) and verify that the following services are started and are set to Automatic:
-Windows File Promotion Manager
-Windows Future Storage
2. Find the NS$ShellSubscriptions service. Trying to start it will complain about missing files.
3. Find the services location, which is modified (it doesn't exist by default)
4. The location should be something similar to C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\NSService.exe\NSService.exe "ShellSubscriptions"
5. Navigate with a command prompt to C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\
(May vary with your copy of Windows)
6. Rename NSService.exe to anything (ren NSService.exe NS.exe)
7. Create a directory called NSService.exe and enter it:
8. Copy all files from C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\ to C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\NSService.exe\
(copy C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\*.* C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\NSService.exe\)
9. In C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_Neutral\NSService\6.0.4011.0__365143bb27e7ac8b\NSService.exe\, rename the file that was NSService.exe to NSService.exe (In my case I renamed it to NS.exe)
(ren NS.exe NSService.exe)
10. Start NS$ShellSubscriptions from the services panel. If you have done everything right the service will start and WinFS will function properly. Set its startup type to Automatic.
11. You're done. Enjoy!
12. (Extra) I recommend using LeakFix 0.4 since this build has problems with WinFS leaking memory. Download it here.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group