BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 31d, 1h, 29m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5806MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: [How-to] Fix the Chicago build 58s KRNL386 error in VBox        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:52 pm 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS
Ever wanted to install chicago 58s in VirtualBox and when finished you got this :

You tried everything, setting DOS=LOW and FILES and BUFFERS to 90, still nothing, well this guide is for you :)

Fire up the vm containing your installation of Chicago 58s and when you are in the dos prompt enter the following commands :

Code:
cd chicago
win /d:x

You might say, Yes, it works, but now we will automate the command to prevent you from retyping that command every time you want to launch the vm.

When logged to chicago, open the computer icon and go to the c drive.
Right-click the autoexec.bat file and edit it so it looks like this one :

Then when finished save and close the file and reboot.

Side note :

This guide is part of a series of How-to I want to share on how to install chicago builds (much like how my WDPSL disk does) but for those that want to know how to do it manually.

I know that some of you doesn't get this error and doesn't need to fix it, but it seems that this error is processor dependent much like how Windows 95 behave in a vm with a I5+ Processor. (The NTKERN error).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [How-to] Fix the Chicago build 58s KRNL386 error in VBox        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Apple Rhapsody DR2
Thank you so much for the instructions! Keep going with your How-To series; I think that it should be beneficial to many members of the community.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [How-to] Fix the Chicago build 58s KRNL386 error in VBox        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:38 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
Very nice guide, thanks for this! :)
I've wanted to make a tutorial like this and also wanted to find a fix for this problem for quite some time now. Now that it's posted already, there's nothing left for me to do, and I won't have to bother with it.
You can also use your WDPSL, although some people want to install the build in the most original way possible.
Anyway, great guide, and keep up the good work.

Top  Profile