BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 14d, 12h, 24m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 5314MB of 11782MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: How to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 95        Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:20 pm 
FTP Access

This obviously doesn't work with IE5.5 and IE6.
It always wants to download some stuff and fails.

I know this has been mentioned in the very first post but it's either that I don't have a full installer (even not "full" enough for the most minimal installation) or it just doesn't work.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 95        Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
3.11 WfW, 98SE, 5.1.2464, LH4001
FTP: (Abandonware) Application\PC\Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.0.2800.1106) [your_language]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 95        Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 am 
FTP Access

Ok, it "works" now.
But not really.
I got it installed and after the first restart there were dozens of error messages.

I also had to use the older version of browseui.dll (like it says in the first post)

At least, Windows still started and I could open Internet Explorer. It couldn't however load any web pages so I went back to IE 5.5

Anyway, doesn't matter much to me since IE6 isn't that useful anymore anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 95        Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98
Sorry for bump, but I've done everything in this tutorial and I cannot manage IE6 to work on Windows 95. When I try to start IE6, it displays starting logo and just flickers after one second and it doesn't start. Also, Outlook Express doesn't start because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded.

Admittedly, I am using RTM version like in tutorial. Maybe I've done something wrong, but I don't believe.

Also, I replaced loadwc.exe with 5.5 version and it's still same.

1. Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)
2. Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0 (not SBS, ISO set on FTP have corrupted header)

Top  Profile