BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 42d, 3h, 24m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 5877MB of 11997MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Also, you can use this little program by me to disable sync and set the date for MSVPC. Be aware that it requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, if you don't have it yet.

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Last edited by Overdoze on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.1.7601
I couldn't get this method to work and the only thing that worked was setting the time on my host PC.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
A) This tutorial was written in 2007. I think the VMWare snippet has a few extra lines required these days.
B) Changing your time on the PC? Pffft. Bit drastic. I almost never set the date back when installing betas these days anyway, because laziness/I forget. Can generally work around it regardless.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Except for builds which refuse to install without a proper date (Whistlers, Neptune, possibly Millennium). Or is there a way to bypass that?

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Overdoze wrote:
Except for builds which refuse to install without a proper date (Whistlers, Neptune, possibly Millennium). Or is there a way to bypass that?

With Whistlers and Neptune, I engage my l33t hax0r mode and Shift+F10 and set the date back using the command line in the ~20secs you have before it does the date/time check on the first boot. It'll reset to the correct time at next boot, but it's never been an issue for me.

Not sure about Millennium.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Didn't know that trick, thanks for telling. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:18 pm 
FTP Access

Regarding hounsell’s trick, it doesn’t change back in vbox

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:22 pm 
Donator

hounsell wrote:

With Whistlers and Neptune, I engage my l33t hax0r mode and Shift+F10 and set the date back using the command line in the ~20secs you have before it does the date/time check on the first boot. It'll reset to the correct time at next boot, but it's never been an issue for me.

Good to know I wasn't the only one who did that :P

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:03 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
The link seems to be broken. Can anybody provide me the application? Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Millennium 2358, Longhorn 3713
TheWinnerCollector111 wrote:
The link seems to be broken. Can anybody provide me the application? Thanks.

It's listed on TCB downloads.

BetaWiki contributor.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
If you're talking about my Virtual PC Toolkit program, it's available on TCB or here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Oh really? Its not on https://thecollectionbook.info/information/downloads/

Also the other website is down

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:16 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
"here" is a clickable link. Anyway... : https://www.krnl386.com/vpctoolkit/vpctoolkit.zip

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [TUT] Changing the BIOS date in Virtual PC and VMWare        Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
TheWinnerCollector111 wrote:
Oh really? Its not on https://thecollectionbook.info/information/downloads/

Also the other website is down

It's under Information > Changing BIOS dates, where it's always been. Though perhaps Downloads would make more sense.

And the website I originally linked to is long gone, hence why I provided a new link.

Top  Profile