Virtual PC Additions Causes Boot Error In Windows7-6956

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
betaluva
Donator

Virtual PC Additions Causes Boot Error In Windows7-6956

Post by betaluva »

i installed the virtual pc addtions and now im stuck in a endless loop of reboots with this error message :

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your

computer.

FS_REC.SYS

the driver mistakenly marked a part of it,s image pageable instead of nonpageable.

Technical Information:

+++ STOP: 0x000000D3 (0x80FC000,0x000000F,0x00000000,0x828873BA)

# i tried the repair option using the install disc and it could not repair the instalation, i tried booting in safe mode and it worked, so i tried to uninstall the vpc additions and git this message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed, This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly instaled. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

## System Restore Fixed It !, i booted in safe mode and typed "system restore" in the startmenue seachbar ( once windows had booted to the desktop ), system restore appeared and i choose a restore point and it restored the files and rebooted, and now its booting fine. betaluva

Thlump
Donator

Re: Virtual PC Additions Causes Boot Error In Windows7-6956

Post by Thlump »

betaluva wrote:## System Restore Fixed It !, i booted in safe mode and typed "system restore" in the startmenue seachbar ( once windows had booted to the desktop ), system restore appeared and i choose a restore point and it restored the files and rebooted, and now its booting fine. betaluva
So if you system restored Windows 7 6956, then does that mean there is no more VM additions in the vm?

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

thats right, i went to add/remove ( programs ) in control panel and vpc additions are gone from the installed apps list plus i tried dragging and dropping files to and from the desktop and it wouldnt work.