BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 9h, 44m | CPU: 79% | MEM: 5979MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: PalmOS is now GarnetOS        Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:47 pm 
Donator

Access, the current owner of the PalmOS operating system for mobile devices, announced thursday that it was renaming the latest version, PalmOS 6, to "GarnetOS." In addition, the company is going to market the OS and devices that uses it under the new slogan "Access Powered," replacing the former "Palm Powered" branding.

Will the name change rescue Garnet from the walking dead? It isn't clear that it will. "Palm" was the brand name that most people recognized, with only enthusiasts knowing about the "Garnet" name. And it isn't clear that Access is interested in promoting Garnet, other than renaming it.

Cut and Paste Source

----------------

To me Garnet sounds more like a breed of duck than an operating system.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:37 am 
FTP Access

No! They can't do this! Palm Powered sounds a lot better than Access Powered. I'm pretty sure not a lot of people knows that Access owns PalmOS and therefore will get confused by the name.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:44 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Access powered sounds like it was made in crappy m$ access which I currently hate so much I could destroy m$ given the chance :evil: :evil: :evil:

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 am 
FTP Access

palm should seriously re-acquire palmOS from access because access will most likely ruin palmos

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]