BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 19h, 59m | CPU: 63% | MEM: 5711MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Is the PS3 losing developer support?        Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:22 pm 
Donator

Speaking to GameInformer Mr. Newell of Valve said "The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a "do over". Just say, "This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it". The happy story is the Wii. I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy. I really like everything that Nintendo is doing."

The developer community are very important to the Playstation brand, and Mr. Newell is a highly influencial man - one of the most important men in the gaming industry, and this seems to be an unbiased report on how Sony's PS3 is going to work out. This could be a sign that Sony may be losing their support.

Sony also got busted for a fake PSP blog (www.alliwantforchristmasisapsp.com) set up as an advertising gimmick, where they filtered comments containing the words "viral marketting", and the advertising agencies name. The blog entries supposedly written by l33t k1ddi3s were an amusing attempt by Sony to get back in touch with its target market. All I can say is that Th3y gt pwnzored! Sony didn't seem to get the message...

Source

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:16 pm 
FTP Access

The same goes for the PSP. I mean seriously, firmware updates to prevent something they wanted in version 1 is stupid - they should have simply prevented UMD access and let homebrew go for it.

At least it came back and bit them in the face with Dark_Alex's programming skills.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 am 

To be honest the PS3 has been a major flop, lack of sales, loosing money, complaints, I feel that there wasn't as much hype as when the PS2 or PSP was launched.. . .

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:01 pm 
FTP Access

I hope it doesn't lose developer support :!:

I LOVE my PS3 and would die if it just turned into vaporware.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:59 pm 
Donator

glbanksitter wrote:
I hope it doesn't lose developer support :!:

I LOVE my PS3 and would die if it just turned into vaporware.

Well,they alre3ady screwed up at the lanuach, why should acompany develope a game on a platform tha's no on sale?

If I had the money and I want a PS3 now, I can't get one. So who's going to buy the game, I can't.

So forget the PS3, get a Wii, it's way cheaper plus I can problarly get one in a week.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm 
Donator

valve is still supporting them as they are releaseing hl2/ep1/ep2/tf2/portal later this year

oh yeah, thats an old ps3 picture (as the funny controller)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:01 am 
i think the ps3 is to expensive. i'm not going to buy it. I have a ps2 and i like it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]