BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 51d, 12h, 24m | CPU: 1% | MEM: 5727MB of 10562MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Command and Conquer 4 - The Series Finale is due 2010.        Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 am 
Donator

C&C4 - Unnamed series finale due in 2010, the conclusion of the C&C Tiberium line

I know a lot of people here are really into the C&C series, so I thought I'd note this. There's two debut images, one of them a screenshot, but I'd have to download then upload them again if I were to attach them, so I won't.

Quote:
This is indeed the final chapter in the story arc that began in 1995; bringing closure to the story of GDI, Nod, and most importantly, Kane--who he is, what he wants, and why. Don't expect veiled references to ascension followed by an enigmatic fade to white at the end of this one! We're drawing story elements from every game in the series and weaving them together in a manner that will hopefully conclude this epic tale in a manner that will be satisfying to our hardcore fans and new players alike.

As such, our storyline begins in 2062, 15 years after Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and the Temple Prime incident that led to the Scrin alien invasion and Kane's "death." In the ensuing years, Tiberium entered its next evolutionary state, rapidly expanding across the Earth and rendering our home world all but uninhabitable; the very fate of the human race hangs in the balance. Just as this sense of impending apocalypse reaches its apex, the always-enigmatic Kane resurfaces and heads straight for GDI headquarters.

Highlights from the Gamespot article:
Quote:
we are developing Command & Conquer 4 exclusively for the PC

the conclusion of the Tiberium saga is not the end of the Tiberium Universe as a whole

We've subdivided each of our factions into three upgradable classes. Each class--outside of a few standard units, such as the engineer--consists of an entirely distinct set of units, structures, powers, and upgrades; the equivalent of a full RTS faction

As a nice side effect, since C&C4 requires players to be online all the time in order to prevent cheating, we'll be shipping without any form of DRM...Rather than construct a series of structures to build and modify your army--as you would have in previous C&C titles--everything you can create, be it unit, structure, power, or upgrade, comes from your Crawler.

Source:Official Press Release - Quite generic
Source:More in-depth QnA about C&C4, and the two images

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Command and Conquer 4 - The Series Finale is due 2010.        Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Really looking forward to this awesome game.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Command and Conquer 4 - The Series Finale is due 2010.        Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 am 
FTP Access

CNC took a nose dive when EA liquidated Westwood Studios back in 2003. After that it was nothing other that typical EA franchised trash. Generals/ZH was about the only thing they managed to get semi right, everything since, well, less said the better. Congrats EA on murdering another great development studio and a much loved title.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Command and Conquer 4 - The Series Finale is due 2010.        Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I am really sad to hear this :(
I have Red Alert 1 original, Red Alert 2, Generals and Zero Hour. Big fan of series.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Command and Conquer 4 - The Series Finale is due 2010.        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:58 pm 
Donator

I hope this one is good as some of the previous ones. One of the few game series I have enjoyed.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]