BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 3h, 4m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5723MB of 11991MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Vista RTM
As of 1:30 PM ET, Windows 7 Home Premium, selling for $49.99 has claimed the number one spot of Amazon's bestseller list, while the Professional edition, selling for $99.99 has claimed the number two spot, and the Ultimate edition, selling for $219.99, and not having a discount claimed the number four spot.

So... what do you think? Will Windows 7 sell more copies than Vista? Or people will go on tpb.org and download a free copy? xD

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
EddiePwnsYou wrote:
So... what do you think? Will Windows 7 sell more copies than Vista? Or people will go on tpb.org and download a free copy? xD

Both :x DOWN WITH PIRACY! 8)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:42 am 
Donator

motherboardlove wrote:
EddiePwnsYou wrote:

DOWN WITH PIRACY! 8)

Oh No You Didn't.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 am 
Donator

Theres a recession, a lot of us here are students and software is [censored] expensive, for some people piracy is the only option.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
For college students and high school students, there's always DreamSpark (free Windows Server 2008) and TheUltimateSteal.com(Office 2007 Ultimate for $60 USD). But yeah, piracy is the only option for some people.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Vista RTM
Well, I'm gonna pirate it! :(

Why? Because I'm a teen and it's gonna be expensive in my country! :(

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Pirating Vista and 7 is far too much hastle. No XP-like VLK system means I can't be bothered to pirate anything newer than that.

The simple fact is it's too easy to get hold of OSes legitimately from Microsoft these days. The number of schemes they now run means people can get into Multiple programs. I have Technet, MSDN, MSDN-AA and two Dreamsparks through various programs (The dreamsparks were even registered using fake details). I see little point in piracy when Microsoft practically hand them out anyway.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm 
Donator

Using older software that you actually own isn't an option? Not that I'm totally against piracy but do you really need to have the newest piece of software all the time?

As far as pirating anything newer than XP, I thought the SLP bootloader that someone came up with was pretty ingenious.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:24 am 
Donator

QuiescentWonder wrote:
Using older software that you actually own isn't an option? Not that I'm totally against piracy but do you really need to have the newest piece of software all the time?

Depends on the software, Adobe CS for example, is somthing well worth having the newest version, especially if your a student and thats the version they use at school/college/uni.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:20 am 
Donator

hounsell wrote:
Pirating Vista and 7 is far too much hastle. No XP-like VLK system means I can't be bothered to pirate anything newer than that.

The simple fact is it's too easy to get hold of OSes legitimately from Microsoft these days. The number of schemes they now run means people can get into Multiple programs. I have Technet, MSDN, MSDN-AA and two Dreamsparks through various programs (The dreamsparks were even registered using fake details). I see little point in piracy when Microsoft practically hand them out anyway.

Offtopic Comment
7 is not very hard to crack, disable SppSvc and Software Licensing Notification services and rename Slui.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:35 pm 
i don't like Windows Vista , so what about its copy Windows 7

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 pre-orders are on the top list on Amazon!        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 pm 
QuiescentWonder wrote:

As far as pirating anything newer than XP, I thought the SLP bootloader that someone came up with was pretty ingenious.

i can run all my favourits with WIndows XP ,
not always the newest are the best

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]