BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 8h, 17m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 6031MB of 10919MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Are you planning on buying Windows 7?
1. I'm planning on buying a Retail or System Builder copy of Windows 7. 13%  13%  [ 18 ]
1. I do not plan on buying Windows 7. 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
1. I plan to buy a new computer that comes with Windows 7. 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
2. I plan on having a 32-bit copy. 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
2. I plan on having a 64-bit copy. 17%  17%  [ 25 ]
3. I plan on having a Full version. 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
3. I plan on having an Upgrade version. 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
4. I plan on having Ultimate. 15%  15%  [ 22 ]
4. I plan on having Professional. 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
4. I plan on having Home Premium. 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 143
 PostPost subject: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 pm 
Donator

Please select exactly one option in each section of the poll if you are buying Windows 7. Do not select any option other than 1 if you are not going to be using Windows 7. Do not select option 3 if you are planning on buying a computer that comes with Windows 7.

Source: http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/window ... on-ga.aspx via Neowin

We’ve really focused a lot of our efforts on getting the product out to as many people around the world as quickly as possible. OEMs will start shipping PCs with Windows 7 in all language versions beginning on GA, October 22nd.

And for our retail software, we’ve made significant strides in terms of timing. Gone are the days when it could take months for all language versions to be available. In fact – we’ve narrowed the gap to just over ONE week!

On October 22nd, Windows 7 will be available in the following 14 languages: English, Spanish, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Chinese (Hong Kong).

Then on October 31st, the remaining 21 languages will become available: Turkish, Czech, Portuguese, Hungarian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Greek, Ukrainian, Romanian, Arabic, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Estonian, Slovenian, Hebrew, Thai, Croatian, Serbian Latin, and Latvian.

Windows 7 truly is a global release and I’m excited to be able to tell my international friends that when I say Windows 7 will be available for the holidays – I mean everywhere in the world.

But, you don’t have to wait until GA to get a new Windows PC. In fact, we know many people need that new PC sooner – for back to school specifically. And we have the answer for people who need a new PC now but still want to get Windows 7 and that’s the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program, which kicks off tomorrow, June 26th! Anyone who buys a PC from a participating OEM or retailer with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate on it will all receive an upgrade to the corresponding version of Windows 7 at little or no cost to customers. The Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program will be available until January 31st, 2010 – and is global! For more information on taking advantage of the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program, visit http://www.windows.com/upgradeoffer.

Another one of the most common questions I get is: how much will Windows 7 cost? Well, today we’re sharing these details.

For Windows 7, we are reducing the price on our most popular retail product for customers, the Home Premium Upgrade, by approximately 10% (depending on the market). In the U.S., this means a customer buying Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade will pay only $119.99 instead of the $129.99 being charged today for its predecessor.

Overall, customers will be paying less and getting more with Windows 7. This includes fun new features such as HomeGroup, Device Stage, Aero Shake, Snap, Peek, Jump Lists and our completely redesigned Windows Taskbar (one of my favorite new features in Windows 7 today). These new features make your PC simpler and much easier to use.

So here’s the low-down on pricing for Windows 7. The estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

This means that Windows 7 Home Premium full retail product is $40.00 less than Windows Vista Home Premium today.

As Brad describes in the video, for Europe, we will not have a separate upgrade SKU for the packaged retail product versions of Windows 7 at GA. But we will be offering upgrade pricing on our full licenses to make sure that European customers who want to upgrade have the pricing options available in the rest of the world.

Finally, as a way of saying thank you to our loyal Windows customers, we are excited to introduce a special time limited offer! We will offer people in select markets the opportunity to pre-order Windows 7 at a more than 50% discount. In the US, this will mean you can pre-order Windows 7 Home Premium for USD $49.99 or Windows 7 Professional for USD $99.99. You can take advantage of this special offer online via select retail partners such as Best Buy or Amazon, or the online Microsoft Store (in participating markets).

This program begins tomorrow in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The offer ends July 11th in the U.S. and Canada and on July 5th for Japan or while supplies last. Customers in the UK, France and Germany, can pre-order their copy of Windows 7 starting July 15th and will run until August 14th (or supplies last) to ensure folks don’t miss out on this. Act fast if you want to be the first in line to get Windows 7 at this screaming deal! Note: The special low pre-order price will vary per country.

I am really excited to be sharing these Windows 7 announcements with you today. Because of the great feedback we received from you, we are confident we are poised to deliver a great product this fall!

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:09 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
here's the UK prices:

WINDOWS 7 UPGRADE PRICES
Home Premium - £79.99
Professional - £189.99
Ultimate - £199.99

WINDOWS 7 RETAIL PRICES
Home Premium - £149.99
Professional - £219.99
Ultimate - £229.99

erm.... excuse me?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm 
Donator

you only allow 4 options but I plan on having 32/64 bit versions and I plan on buying a computer with windows 7 and buying a license so I am at 6 :/.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
zamadatix wrote:
you only allow 4 options but I plan on having 32/64 bit versions and I plan on buying a computer with windows 7 and buying a license so I am at 6 :/.

same here, but I need 5 :P will someone change the poll? :(

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:34 pm 
Donator

I am planning on x86 & x64 flavors of Ultimate.

Could only choose 4 so picked the x86 (only).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Wow, Windows 7 Pro for $100. Assuming that's for full retail, that's a 66% discount! I'm not buying Windows 7 when it comes out but I hope there are such discounts in the holiday season...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
QuiescentWonder wrote:
[size=150]
Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

Thats cheap whoa!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:02 am 
Donator

I'm getting system builder 64bit pro.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 am 
Donator

I'm planning on getting it from TechNet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
onghornLay 4029/Whistler 2419
I want to get Ultimate, but I'll probably settle for Professional because in Canada, it's $350 before taxes and shipping for Ultimate. Professional isn't much cheaper, and I'm not buying Premium. And as of now, Window 7 costs a fair bit more than Windows Vista.

EDIT: I might buy Home Premium, seeing that I can always install my free copy of Server 2008 R2, that will be added to Dreamspark, for some of the Pro/Ultimate features not in Home Premium.

Last edited by kurogin on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I miss the option Microsoft MSDN / Technet for who have it. -.-

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Gogo technet

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Windows OCManage wrote:

TechNet/MSDN downloads are NOT NOT NOT for production use.

Cant people buy things these days?

NOTE: This was not intended to be a flame.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm 
Donator

For WDK use that is. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Program & Windows 7 Pricing        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:48 am 
FTP Access

motherboardlove wrote:
Windows OCManage wrote:

TechNet/MSDN downloads are NOT NOT NOT for production use.

Cant people buy things these days?

NOTE: This was not intended to be a flame.

Who said he was going to use it for production use?

Besides, why is it your business as to what he uses it for? Let MS, the people who actually run the business, worry about how their services and software are used... 8-)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]