BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 10h, 36m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 5622MB of 10992MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:37 am 
FTP Access

This one is a little bit older, but it seems to have gone unnoticed by the community. It lets you sync your phone with your Windows Live account (since Windows Mobile Device Center only syncs to Outlook/OE and not windoes live mail, it's very useful). It just got all the contacts off my MotoQ with a smashed screen.

Quote:
Microsoft Phone Data Manager Beta, a product of Microsoft India, is a sync application designed for Windows that is designed to take away the worry of losing data on your phone - specifically contacts, music, pictures and videos. It does that by synchronizing your phone contacts with Microsoft’s Windows Live Contacts store in the cloud, or by helping you download files from the phone to your local computer. The application is cross platform and works with a variety of phones, both smart and dumb.

Phone Data Manager synchronizes the contacts present in your phone with your contact store on Windows Live Contacts, which is the same store that your Hotmail contacts uses. This way, your phone contacts are always present on the internet, accessible via the contacts link on Hotmail. If you lose, or simply change your phone, all you need to do is to synchronize the contacts, and all the contacts that you stored in your Windows Live Contacts store will be downloaded to your phone. You can synchronize your contacts as many times as you like so that the changes you make (edits, additions or deletions) on your phone, or on the computer on Windows Live Contacts are always reflected on both your phone and the Windows Live Contacts store.

In its current form, Microsoft Phone Data Manager Beta will download the music, pictures and videos present in your phone to a local folder on the computer you are using this application on.

Microsoft Phone Data Manager Beta works either over Bluetooth or via a USB cable. In order for your phone to work with this application, the phone needs to support some common standards. For contacts synchronization, your phone needs to support the SyncML standard, and for file download it needs to support OBEX. A list of supported phones can be found here.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=917

It seems to have be set to not install on 64 bit windows, but it appears to work fine on 64 bit Vista, and I just tested it on 64 bit 7. I made the edits listed in the comments and repacked it for everyone.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AFACIYWO

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 am 
Donator

I assume most, if not all WM6.1 phones can run it? I have the Q9c.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
isnt this what My Phone is suposed to do?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:21 pm 
FTP Access

What is "My Phone"?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:26 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
This is My Phone :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:37 pm 
Donator

Daniel wrote:

Nope, thats an adress not found error (You put a dot between the / and the m)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Works fine with Windows x64, just need to use Orca to edit mobsyncsetup.msi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:36 am 
FTP Access

1) Yes. And I've included a pre-edited version in the first post.
2) Looks like MyPhone is the counterpart of this that goes on the phone itself. This program is installed on the PC.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
Microsoft ® My Phone is a mobile service that stores your phone's data to a password protected web site. It enables you to automatically backup and restore ...

Link
http://sn1-p1.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-US

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 am 
FTP Access

Okay guys, really? can we read the thread before posting random links and comments?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Phone Data Manager        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Yuck it only syncs with outlook and outlook express!?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]