BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 9h, 27m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 5531MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Did Bing Just Leapfrog Yahoo Search?        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
GLaDOS 1.07
Data from monitoring service StatCounter suggests that Bing, Microsoft’s new search decision engine, has overtaken Yahoo Search as the number two search service in the U.S. and worldwide in large part thanks to stealing market share from leader Google.

The company’s analysis for Thursday finds that in the U.S. Bing overtook Yahoo to take second place on 16.28%, with Yahoo Search currently at 10.22%. For the sake of comparison: Google’s U.S. market share is pegged at 71.47%, and its worldwide share at a whopping 87.62% (vs. 5.62% for Bing and 5.13% for Yahoo).

Are people just test-driving Bing en masse, or does this have anything to do with the fact Bing was forced upon IE6 users (now fixed)? Or is it just because it’s that good and the advertising is already working? Either way, the jump Bing appears to have made since launching merely a couple of days ago is significant, and the drop you see in Google’s share even more so.

Source: http://keznews.com/5812_Did_Bing_Just_L ... oo_Search_

Last edited by theportalguy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did Bing Just Leapfrog Yahoo Search?        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm 
Donator

I'm certainly enjoying the Bing commercials, enough so that I actually tried it but was disappointed with the results.

I hope they keep dumping money into these amusing commercials though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did Bing Just Leapfrog Yahoo Search?        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:57 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
onghornLay 4029/Whistler 2419
I heard the Bing over Yahoo! thing was just a bad calculation, don't remember where I heard it, though.

QuiescentWonder wrote:
I'm certainly enjoying the Bing commercials, enough so that I actually tried it but was disappointed with the results.

I hope they keep dumping money into these amusing commercials though.

I loved the IE8 Internet History ad. If you haven't seen it yet, it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsMFyo8DWs4 Also the Seinfeld/Gates ads were comic genius. As long as Microsoft continues to give me funny ads, I will continue to use and buy their products.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did Bing Just Leapfrog Yahoo Search?        Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 am 
Donator

kurogin wrote:
As long as Microsoft continues to give me funny ads, I will continue to use and buy their products.

Wow.

Back on topic: Remeber Cuil? couldn't go a day without hearing abut it well its lost popularity and interest like ad http://www.google.com/trends?q=cuil. Bing will be much more successful for many reasons but I don't think it will overtake Google in search.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]