BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 5h, 37m | CPU: 47% | MEM: 5770MB of 10796MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
Source: http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Releases+Windows+7+Box+Art/article15349c.htm

Dailytech wrote:
"After announcing a public release date of October 22 this year, the official box art for each Windows 7 version has been released. The image offers details on Ultimate, Professional, and Home Premium versions of the OS.

The October 22 release date will ensure Microsoft will have the OS available for the 2009 holiday shopping season -- the OS can be sold OEM, or be bundled on PCs and notebooks sold by B&M retailers -- though the Redmond-based company will miss out on back-to-school sales."

Personally, I think the art looks quite... Meek?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 am 
Donator

I think that box art is worse than the XP art. Yuck.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
anything unix-like
I wonder why they didn't just take 10 minutes and rebrand the vista boxes and add a few new pictures to it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 am 
Donator

Simple boxart design, looks like Longhorn-type design. Better than Windows Vista box design which got one big orb sitting there...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:56 pm 
Donator

The vista box art is fun, but why is the creativity in MS today?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 pm 
I think the Boxart from Win7 look likes the boxart from Windows Vista..

Only the Windows Logo is white :D

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 pm 
Donator

I think the artist who design this box was drunk or high. It's not artistically pleasing to the eye.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 pm 
Donator

The box art looks much more simplistic than the Vista boxart, which I didn't really like very much. Perhaps they've taken a lesson from Apple?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Box Art released        Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:31 pm 
Donator

It actually looks half decent.

Plus who cares? You'll either buy it and throw out the box or download it from insert favourite site here

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]