BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 20h, 1m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 1842MB of 4167MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: New Sonic 2 Beta dumped, along with many other prototypes.        Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:11 pm 
FTP Access

I guess I'll write my welcome message here too, heh. I'm a regular user at S2beta.com, but seeing that my interest in development of software and games increase i decided to register to this forum and give as much as i have to offer.

I noticed that you have a game development information wiki, and it had a page for Sonic 2 Beta but no information. I will fill this in shortly with the information i know.

Now for the news.

My friend DRX recently bought an earlier cart of Sonic 2 Beta (with the combined contribution of many members of S2beta) , dated a little after the one shown on an episode of Nick Arcade - on a time-line, this brings it before the one which is commonly found on the internet. In fact, Green Hill Zone still exists in this version and is theorized to be used as a development level for the new collision until that code was redeveloped, rendering this level hard to play.
Also to be noted is that Hidden Palace zone has no changes - we can assume that Hidden Palace Zone was designed early in development and was not worked on at any stage after this (With the exception of the "Auto-Tube" object found placed in the correct spot in the final ROM).

You can find DRX's site with the ROM here. Please note that there are many other unseen dumps of non-Sonic Megadrive games on his site and if you are a fan you will most likely want to check them out.

Please forgive me if this information has been brought up before. I hope i fit in well here, i would love to hack into the different prototypes here and find all sorts of hidden treasures!
:wink:

- Evan

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:23 pm 
Donator

i often go to s2beta.com to see if any other prototypes have popped up

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:12 am 
FTP Access

Hey there Evan. I'm ddrmaxromance over at Sonic 2 Beta and Sonic Game Modification Community (SGMC, formally SSRG). Also the creator of Soniquest. I'm pretty sure you've seen me around somewhere in the forums. :roll:

Wonder who else is interested in the prototypes. :)

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm 
FTP Access

troyoda1990 wrote:
Hey there Evan. I'm ddrmaxromance over at Sonic 2 Beta and Sonic Game Modification Community (SGMC, formally SSRG). Also the creator of Soniquest. I'm pretty sure you've seen me around somewhere in the forums. :roll:

I sure do know you, and you might know me, as my user name over there and more commonly as Vangar :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 am 
FTP Access

Evan wrote:
troyoda1990 wrote:

I sure do know you, and you might know me, as my user name over there and more commonly as Vangar :D

Ha, glad to see you. I also took a look at your Flashopedia wiki site. It's pretty good. :)

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:57 pm 
Donator

seeing as we are talking about sega stuff, is a sega basic programing cartridge very rare (SC-3000)?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:28 am 
FTP Access

I would have to say so. However, there are emulators out that (MEKA does so) that emulates the programs/ROMs used on the system.

Wikipedia!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:25 pm 
FTP Access

Thanks for checking out my site :D. It's really just for personal development for now, but i haven't really done much work on it now my current employment is developing websites, and it gets frustrating sometimes.

You might also notice i requested a ban on s2beta, after they screwed around with the members one too many times and I've had enough of that.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:09 pm 
Donator

what they do?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:54 pm 
FTP Access

Evan wrote:
Thanks for checking out my site :D. It's really just for personal development for now, but i haven't really done much work on it now my current employment is developing websites, and it gets frustrating sometimes.

You might also notice i requested a ban on s2beta, after they screwed around with the members one too many times and I've had enough of that.

I actually left S2Beta if you checked out my sig. Oh wait, I guess you can't. =P Either way, I'm outta there. I still lurk around at SGMC (formally SSRG) because it's more "sane" if you will. Ever since Simon Wai left the community, it died. I mean, not to be quoted or bitch about the staff, but they run the community terribly. It's all a game of +1 rather than a game of loving a game for what its worth. Whatever, I'm gone.

And it would be interesting to help you out with your websites or with your animation comics. Either way, I got a nice site coming along. I just have to wait for Blogger to give me a non-beta version of Blogger so I can give you all a link to visit.

Until later,
Troy

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 am 
FTP Access

Wow, I didn't know the Sonic community was still alive! I used to be quite interested in Sonic hacking and beta carts, I faded away from the whole thing some time back but it's interesting to hear about it again! It's a bit like the whole OS beta thing, it's interesting to see all the stuff that was planned/scrapped in these games, though specifically Sonic since there's a lot more known about it than a lot of games.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]