BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 6h, 39m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 5407MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:13 pm 
Donator

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/05/best ... s-windows/

Moving on, the note also makes clear that any PC sold with Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate between June 26th and the Windows 7 launch day (October 22nd) will be eligible for a free upgrade to Win7. Better still, the individual OSes also qualify for the update, and starting on June 26th, Best Buy will begin "pre-selling" the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade ($49.99) and the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade ($99.99). Have a look at the full letter below, and if you've come here for advice, here's the best we've got: don't buy a PC at Best Buy until June 26th.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:08 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I can't imagine them being that low..

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:55 pm 
Donator

Well it is just an upgrade to Windows 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Taking into account that it is upgrade and a minor OS, but

61.95 GBP

is really not much tbh.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Well, I just hope Windows 7 Professional (not the upgrade) will be less than $299, that's the price for Windows XP Professional, and for an minor OS, $300 is too much.

BTW, Best Buy does not live up to its name. But sadly its the only Electronics store around where I live.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 am 
Donator

Someone over at istartedsomething posted a comment and the article over there was updated:

Quote:
Update: As commenter “Andre Da Costa” pointed out, a similar if not exactly the same deal was also offered for the introduction of Windows Vista which could indicate this be an time-limited offer and will not reflect the retail price of Windows 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:04 am 
FTP Access

I don't recall there being a deal like that offered for Windows Vista at its introduction.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Ambig wrote:
I don't recall there being a deal like that offered for Windows Vista at its introduction.

Most OEMs offered free upgrades to Vista if you bought your XP machine after and before a certain date in 2005/2006

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:22 am 
FTP Access

Bender wrote:
Ambig wrote:

Most OEMs offered free upgrades to Vista if you bought your XP machine after and before a certain date in 2005/2006

It was in 2006, and I do remember THAT (MS is going to do the same thing with Windows 7 as well). I don't recall Best Buy or anyone else offering Vista Upgrade for a cheap price though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:46 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Well, I got bought a PC from 2006 and still didn't qualify for the free Vista copy. Even if I did it would have been Vista Basic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
FTP Access

Thlump wrote:
Well, I got bought a PC from 2006 and still didn't qualify for the free Vista copy. Even if I did it would have been Vista Basic.

It wasn't throughout the entire year. The deal started around August or September, maybe even October.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm 
I think windows 7 would be cheaper than Vista... in all Editions

But my opinion is that 99 US dollar is to expensive for upgrade Version

MY Prices for Home Premium:

Upgrade 59 US$
System Builder 99 US$
Retail 139US$

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Prices Inadvertently Leaked by Best Buy        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I still think they're going overboard with the different "versions" of the OS's. If you ask me you should have just 3; Home, Pro (or business) and Server... That's it. The only reason I can see for having more versions is to "con" people into paying more for the better versions because they think it'll be of some huge benefit when in reality to the average user its not that much different from the base version.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]