BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 8h, 0m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 6008MB of 10693MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
GLaDOS 1.07
Mean while a poster at a Russian forums claims that Microsoft is up to build 7154. Claim of build 7140 is seems to more genuine. Most trusted source Wzor is down from a week so now every news is likely to be rumor from the forums. Now wait for the next leak which is expected any time before 20th till then enjoy the changelog and current leak build 7127. We’ll update you with every buzz of the Windows 7 upcoming leaks so make sure to subscribe our feeds.

1. You can now add anything to the Taskbar.
2. Icons slightly expand when you hover over them on the taskbar.
3. The “System” menu is more simplistic, and easier to navigate.
4. You can change the login screen picture through the “Personalization” menu.
5. The menu/lists that pop up when you right click on things now have the Aero Glass effect.
6. The default icons for Folders have changed to be the transparent blue ones featured a long time ago.
8. The Minimize/Maximize/Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons, and are a bit smaller than the Vista/7 counterparts.
9. [BIG ONE]: There’s an “Upload” feature for Pictures, files, and videos. If you right-click a file, and click “Upload”, you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice. After uploading, a pop-up will appear saying it’s done, and clicking “OK” will cause the link/download link to the file to appear in the popup box. I tried ImageShack and Facebook, and they work.
10. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese unicode(s) and settings are integrated, so one can run foreign apps or use foreign keyboards without changing languages & restarting.

source: ihackintosh.com

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Seen these repeated times and come to the conclusion that it's all a load of crap. The associated screenshot was very fake-looking, and it doesn't even back up half those changes.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
4044/7700/7950/8888
Its a fake, dont wait this build. the last build is the 7138 for the moment.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:20 pm 
FTP Access

Quote:
trusted source Wzor is down from a week so now every news is likely to be rumor from the forums

It's not, they've just temporarily moved to .info domain.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:24 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
theportalguy wrote:
9. [BIG ONE]: There’s an “Upload” feature for Pictures, files, and videos. If you right-click a file, and click “Upload”, you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice. After uploading, a pop-up will appear saying it’s done, and clicking “OK” will cause the link/download link to the file to appear in the popup box. I tried ImageShack and Facebook, and they work.

This one is very hard to believe.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 pm 
Donator

List seems to be a pile of bullshit but I have heard that they *slightly* tweaked the superbar.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:47 am 
Donator

theportalguy wrote:

This is entirely unbelievable.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 am 
Donator

notice that this guy had created a few "pointless" thread.
MS will very unlikely add new features at this stage of the game.
Go wait for Windows 8. Hopefully that isn't Windows NT 6.2 lol :o

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:57 am 
Donator

I may wait for final release, the RC already is causing problems with my boards hardware on my secondary PC I guess stuff like that with the 'test' updates are to be expected, but all in all I was impressed with how good it looked;

apparently the requirements are pretty low as there seems to be a low memory load on the system in regards to that sort of thing.

The only thing that doesn't seem to have problems was my USB Ethernet adapter in which, the onboard one was causing problems, my PCI based one I can't find drivers for it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 pm 
I think this features has written a kiddies who wants to get more attention :D

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked        Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm 
Donator

Are they still compiling the 71xx branch? or they switch over to the 72xx branch.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]