BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 6h, 16m | CPU: 55% | MEM: 5748MB of 10909MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
The torrent is really quite easy to find. It's a reloaded release. I'll check if it's legit

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:07 am 
Donator

only a week ago. not really news as all games get leaked before the street date

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:36 am 
Donator

It's been leaked for awhile now... the Reloaded release is legit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:57 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
Can't wait to play it. 45Kb/s download :cry: :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 am 
Donator

The Release of the Group "Reloaded" isn't the RETAIL Version, there are bugs/glitches, game crashes, and the entrire second city isn't included. And btw you can't apply the patches on this version.
Now the german Group "Razor1911" released the RETAIL Version into the warez scene.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:40 am 
FTP Access

SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:
The Release of the Group "Reloaded" isn't the RETAIL Version, there are bugs/glitches, game crashes, and the entrire second city isn't included. And btw you can't apply the patches on this version.
Now the german Group "Razor1911" released the RETAIL Version into the warez scene.

So is reloaded a beta\pre release?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:20 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
No I think it's RTM. I thought the RTM version was complete [censored]!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 pm 
FTP Access

SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:

The RLD is a retail version, it is the direct download version (clearly stated in the EULA) where as the RZR is sourced from a retail disc. Apart from that very minor difference there is 0 benefit in one release over the other. No extra content, no added stability, no major bug fixes and no second city. Plenty of people have been playing the RLD and had no issues whatsoever, yet Ive already seen people complaining about the RZR. The patches issue is a non issue. There are always differences between hard copy and digital downloads where patches are concerned and there are usually always patches released for hard copies long before digital. Razor quoted a few build numbers and started spouting crap completely neglecting to mention that the majority of the actual game content is exactly the same with the exact same date stamps.

mewrox99 wrote:
No I think it's RTM. I thought the RTM version was complete [censored]!

Then you wont like the RZR either, what with them being practically identical and all.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:11 pm 
FTP Access

RTM as a term isn't really applied to games, at least not as EA go. I know at least a few years ago EA considered the game as beta pretty much right up until release... they have a slightly different development state to most though.

An EA "beta" essentially means "all features are in", and this is further subdivided into (again as best as I remember) pre-alpha (basic working version that can be played, doesn't usually go to testing but did in a certain case), a milestone build to indicate pretty much no features will be added, a long beta period dedicated to bug squashing and fine tuning, another milestone build (considered `gold` - this does not mean RTM or "gold" in the sense of finished) then a few more weeks/months of testing before the final "Master"/retail is created.

The earlier leak *is* a beta, because the idea of an RTM version doesn't (or at least didn't) exist in the EA process. The newer one is slightly larger and has a newer setup date and apparently a fairly hefty chunk of big fixing was done from what I know.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 pm 
FTP Access

STKD wrote:
The earlier leak *is* a beta, because the idea of an RTM version doesn't (or at least didn't) exist in the EA process. The newer one is slightly larger and has a newer setup date and apparently a fairly hefty chunk of big fixing was done from what I know.

It's not a beta and there is no proof to suggest it is a beta, just internet speculation and rumour. One is a digital download one is a retail disc. End of. The earlier Reloaded is LARGER than the Razor1911, not vise versa and the RZR seem to be just as bugged if not more so (perhaps due to addition work needed on the crack to account for the additional disc checks not present in the DD). I never experienced any bugs in the Reloaded at all after several days of game play.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:51 pm 
FTP Access

All I can say to that is that internally, the earlier leak was and is still referred to as a beta. Beyond that I don't much care.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:55 pm 
FTP Access

Source? Do you work for EA? Having worked in the retail manufacturing side of things and given the proximity to the release date, this game would have gone for pressing several weeks ago (which it did, outlets have been receiving their initial sales stock for a couple of weeks now) and there is already a retail patch available for those initial release versions (physical not DD). The game content on BOTH versions is virtually identical. The Reloaded is not a beta, get over it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:07 pm 
FTP Access

As it happens, actually yes, I am a former EA employee and am still heavily involved in the industry. Bored now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm 
FTP Access

In that case you should be able to provide some legitimate source, something concrete, but you have failed to do so. There is NO evidence that the Reloaded is a beta except hear say which makes it no more a true statement than your "heavy" involvement in the games industry, which if itself were true would have afforded you the opportunity to confirm what I have provided to be accurate, unlike your obviously incorrect information. I asked you if you worked for EA, being a previous employee means squat, you could have been an office cleaner for all I know, or care. That being the case you have added nothing of value to this particular argument, only more hear say.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
lucas93 wrote:
SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:

So is reloaded a beta\pre release?

No, contrary to what's been posted here, the Reloaded release is actually the final version.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The Sims 3 leaked?!        Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:33 am 
Administrator

Regardless of what the nfo:s from respective group says there's really nothing proving that a particular release of theirs is a beta or not. There may be file differences etc but that may be because as said, one is retail and one is a download version.

Either way, this is warez and not permitted on BA. Unless there is a beta with most definitive proof that it is a pre-release.

mewrox99, this is a beta forum, not a warez release forum. Unless you want to report a specific beta release keep the warez release announcements off BA. There are other forums and sites more suited for that kind of information.

I am locking this thread down since it seems it will just turn into a flaming war. Please refrain from flaming and saying what someone is or isn't. This goes out especially to the last two posts made by OG and STKD. I don't want to give out warnings...

And people, buy the game if you want to play :).

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]