BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 13h, 28m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 6208MB of 10826MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
There's been a few pieces of news regarding Office 2010 recently; most have involved screenshots, or something of the like, but here's something we think you'll really enjoy: Microsoft has opened the sign-up pages for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, which will be hitting a PC near you sometime in July this year.

We know that you won't want any garbage, and just want to get the link, so please head over here if you're interested in testing the latest iteration of Microsoft's Office suite. However, fret not if you don't manage to secure an invite, as Office 2010 has been noted that it's coming "this summer." Office 2010 will be coming in both 32-bit and 64-bit variations, which is the first edition of the suite to do so, and will be available on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista and Windows 7, naturally.

You can find below a quick Q&A from the Office 2010 team, via a Technet blog:

Q: What is technical preview?

A: Technical preview is an engineering milestone leading towards RTM that Office 2010 and related products will reach in July 2009.

Q: Will customers or partners be given access to the products at the technical preview milestone?

A: Beginning at the technical preview milestone, we will conduct an invitation only technical preview program where participants will able to experience Office Professional Plus 2010 and Visio 2010. You can sign up to be on the list for entry at office2010themovie.com.

Q: Will I need to upgrade hardware to install Office 2010 and related products?

A: Office 2010 Suite products are offered in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions so customers will not be required to upgrade 32-bit PC's and Laptops to 64-bit hardware to run Office 2010 Suite Products. Certain hardware configurations and operating system
versions customers currently have deployed may require an upgrade to run server and client products.

If you're in need of a bit of a laugh, then head over to a promotional site for Office 2010, called Office 2010: The Movie. It features a short theatrical trailer of the 'movie', though you'll need Silverlight to run it.

Update: A quick update here for those interested, the Twitter account for Office 2010 (it's the official one, at least according to the movie website) has stated that, "Office 2010 will include Twitter, Facebook
, and other social networks integrated right into Word. That's just a hint of what's to come!"

http://www.office2010themovie.com/

If everyone of us sign up, our chance of getting it is increased that much. :D I like a direct download link from microsoft more than peer-2-peer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I think it's already leaked now.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:38 am 
FTP Access

Yes it has. 1 or 2 days ago.

This was posted 4 days ago (before the leak)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Does anybody know if they are going to send DVDs with the Technical Review 1 to anybody who signs up, or just for download?
Offtopic Comment
I think I have to change my favourite OS

EDIT:
Offtopic Comment
Now that's good.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Hacker?pcs wrote:
Does anybody know if they are going to send DVDs with the Technical Review 1 to anybody who signs up, or just for download?
Offtopic Comment
I think I have to change my favourite OS

EDIT:
Offtopic Comment
Now that's good.

Seeing as Windows 7 was download only, I can only imagine Office 2010 TP being download only as well -- sorry to people on 56k, it's 1.3GB

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I don't have 56k, I have a 13mbps down - 1mbps up ADSL Connection.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sign up for the Office 2010 Technical Preview, due in July        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Hacker?pcs wrote:
I don't have 56k, I have a 13mbps down - 1mbps up ADSL Connection.

That's nice, but in terms of cost, hosting in the CDN is cheaper.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]