BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 12d, 10h, 21m | CPU: 1% | MEM: 5363MB of 11327MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am

Posts
2688

Location
Earth.

Favourite OS
Real Life
you should run securable.exe just incase... see if it may work anyways


on a side note... did anyone notice how tightly knit it is with the rest of the OS... it even integrates itself into explorer for the window telling you what machines you have...

Offtopic Comment
i decided to install LHR just to see if it works any better... along with ReactOS to see if it integrates

_________________
Visit my BLOG!
Wanna play a fun browser based game that plays while you're away? Click here.


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:25 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
The reason why Virtual PC worked on there, it's because it doesn't need that feature.

Well, most company's recently upgraded from Compaq and HP Computers, to the new dell machines, I don't know for sure but I think they support it.

But it is really an matter of taste of the company if they want to run it, otherwise if you can't run it, you can run VMWare Workstation with Unity ;), it works about the same.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Posts
235

Location
New York

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
Well it looks as though my processor is finally getting old. Can't use this :(

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:36 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Well, if you are an beta tester (which I think you are if you're on this forum) and using Virtual PC with DOS and so on, with floppy's.

Then you are better of with Virtual PC 2007 (which causes BSOD's on my windows 7 build 7100 machine).
Because the new version doesn't support floppy's (which is a shame).

But still I have VMWare installed and that works great, including an better version of integration (on my stand point for now (which could change soon or a while later)) called Unity.

@constrictor:
I had that also when I didn't have my 64-bit CPU that I have now.
I couldn't test 64-bit or running 64-bit OS's.

-- End @constrictor --

I usually get an new computer, or can build a new computer in 3~5 years.

And the old one is still in use (although the one I mentioned without 64-bit support) but it freezes at boot sometimes (I think it's the videocard maybe it's broken, I can put an 8mb PCI Video card in it, but it's quit old, it came from an Pentium 1 then, so I think it will blow up when I use it, the one that is in there is an 256mb NVidea GForce 6600.

But still after an unsuccesfull boot it will boot an second time or thirth or fourth.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:29 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Posts
235

Location
New York

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
DjRob wrote:
Well, if you are an beta tester (which I think you are if you're on this forum) and using Virtual PC with DOS and so on, with floppy's.

Then you are better of with Virtual PC 2007 (which causes BSOD's on my windows 7 build 7100 machine).
Because the new version doesn't support floppy's (which is a shame).

But still I have VMWare installed and that works great, including an better version of integration (on my stand point for now (which could change soon or a while later)) called Unity.

@constrictor:
I had that also when I didn't have my 64-bit CPU that I have now.
I couldn't test 64-bit or running 64-bit OS's.

-- End @constrictor --

I usually get an new computer, or can build a new computer in 3~5 years.

And the old one is still in use (although the one I mentioned without 64-bit support) but it freezes at boot sometimes (I think it's the videocard maybe it's broken, I can put an 8mb PCI Video card in it, but it's quit old, it came from an Pentium 1 then, so I think it will blow up when I use it, the one that is in there is an 256mb NVidea GForce 6600.

But still after an unsuccesfull boot it will boot an second time or thirth or fourth.


Mine is 64-bit it's just an older Intel Pentium D.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:13 am

Posts
229

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I can't use this either... My Core 2 Duo E7200 doesn't support Intel VT. Nor does the Pentium M on my laptop.

*Shakes fist at Intel*


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:59 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:07 am

Posts
1252

Location
Los Angeles, California

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
XX55XX wrote:
I can't use this either... My Core 2 Duo E7200 doesn't support Intel VT. Nor does the Pentium M on my laptop.

*Shakes fist at Intel*

Don't worry, you are not the only one in the dark. Many of us have neither Intel VT-x or AMD-V.

_________________
Never leave home without PeerBlock, or you might not return at all.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:13 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
Apparently the next codename of pentum d had it but mine doesnt :x


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:21 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun May 18, 2008 3:04 am

Posts
556

Location
Minnesota, USA
VT-d Supported?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:28 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:06 am

Posts
258
I see the download on the torrent queue, but I don't see it on M1. Where is it?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:09 am

Posts
2480

Location
Bristol, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Bit annoyed when I tried to run it on my laptop, suprised that my processor had no VT extensions as I thought it had.

Works on the dell though, i'm satisfied.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:21 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 am

Posts
750

Location
Guelph, ON, Canada
gotta upgrade my processor before I even use XP mode... though it does sound interesting...


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:46 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am

Posts
890

Location
United States

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ should work, I have a PC with a 4200+ and opened securable.exe in it and it said 64 Yes Yes.

Btw, 4200+ is almost three years old and supports AMD-V

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:55 am 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am

Posts
2688

Location
Earth.

Favourite OS
Real Life
if i remember right... my mom's pc witch has an Athlon 64 2000 (2ghz) has AMD-V also... i remember seeing it in the BIOS when i got the one chance to mess around in there...

_________________
Visit my BLOG!
Wanna play a fun browser based game that plays while you're away? Click here.


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Posts
694

Location
New Zealand

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
Anyone know if a Core 2 Duo E6400 is compatable

_________________
Core 2 Quad Q8400, 8Gb DDR3, ATI HD4850, 1Tb Seagate, Windows 7 Ultimate X64


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:06 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12564

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
mewrox99 wrote:
Anyone know if a Core 2 Duo E6400 is compatable

Google wrote:
System-enhancing hardware innovations such as Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) are also supported in the E6400 and T7400 processors. ...

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Mode for 7...        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:03 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Andy wrote:
mewrox99 wrote:
Anyone know if a Core 2 Duo E6400 is compatable

Google wrote:
System-enhancing hardware innovations such as Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) are also supported in the E6400 and T7400 processors. ...


For Reference, the Core 2s that support VT are the E6xxx, Q6xxx, E8xxx and Q9xxx processors. The E2xxx, E4xxx and E7xxx do not support Intel VT.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2019

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS