BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 0h, 46m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 5661MB of 11102MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 am 
Donator

Source: http://www.ithinkdiff.com/windows-7-bui ... reenshots/

As 5th May comes closer, and we all anxiously wait for the Release Candidate of Windows 7, build 7082 screenshots have been posted PCBeta. The images are from a Chinese language version, so we all know where they came from. From what I could tell from the translated version of the page, this is another build from the RC branch. Not much new to see in this version visually, apart from the rounded taskbar buttons that make it somewhat easier for some people to differentiate between open and closed applications. No signs of any new theme or new icons either. But, just for your viewing pleasure, here they are.

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 pm 
FTP Access

Man... How come the Chinese always have the best stuff. First 7106, and now (hopefully) this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 pm 
Donator

The "active window" superbar texture seems wrong compared to 7077.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:21 pm 
FTP Access

It's not wrong, it has been changed by Microsoft.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
I really don't see why they would have to change the Windows aero agian. "It's just Bells and whistles upon your screen, so your friends can be impressed."(Quoted by my grandfather) "All you need is The use of the OS, not the Eye Candy."(Also quoted by my grandfather)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

Media Center looks new.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
AviK wrote:
Media Center looks new.

Don't you get it. People Should not even care what their windows look like. It's all about the productivity. I've beta tested for years, and never heard that Microsoft should infact, keep this interface because it looks cool.The Only reason I would say why they would change the interface, was because people have said that it was a little easier each time the interface was changed. That shouldn't affect the Productivity, but the end-users want a better interface, Shame. Whatever you do, don't pay attention to What you see, but wat you use to navigate your way through the vast space of Windows Operating Systems.
In other words, Don't even think about the interface, Think about what the OS can do for you.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:56 pm 
Donator

I do agree that the functionality is the most important part, without it the entire thing would be worthless. Although it would be awfully boring if everything was just built around functionality and aesthetics were never taken in to consideration. I think you meant to say that the equivalent of a visual style in Vista and Windows 7 has no function, but the interface design does matter other than that. The Classic style themes in Vista and Windows 7 just look too bad to use. I find Aero quite pleasing in comparison to anything else Windows has ever looked like. In XP I don't have any problems shutting off the cartoon mess but I usually leave it on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
QuiescentWonder wrote:
I do agree that the functionality is the most important part, without it the entire thing would be worthless. Although it would be awfully boring if everything was just built around functionality and aesthetics were never taken in to consideration. I think you meant to say that the equivalent of a visual style in Vista and Windows 7 has no function, but the interface design does matter other than that. The Classic style themes in Vista and Windows 7 just look too bad to use. I find Aero quite pleasing in comparison to anything else Windows has ever looked like. In XP I don't have any problems shutting off the cartoon mess but I usually leave it on.

Thankyou. When I have Vista running, I don't change anything at all. I leave as it is to ensure I will have a faithful system to take my every command.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:38 pm 
FTP Access

Quote:
Don't you get it. People Should not even care what their windows look like..

So if Windows was entirely in two tone black and white you'd be perfectly happy with that? Would you be happy if instead of the simple corner-cross to close a window, you had to use the menu?
The GUI can only improve the experience and can - and in many cases does - enhance it, too. Productivity is important, but don't even try to say that enhancement to the interface isn't worth caring about.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
How has the taskbar change? I don't seem to notice any changes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:48 am 
Donator

Ambig wrote:
Man... How come the Chinese always have the best stuff. First 7106, and now (hopefully) this.

Cause they like to show off stuff to people instead of hiding them for themselves like the big american companies.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
XDude wrote:
Ambig wrote:

Cause they like to show off stuff to people instead of hiding them for themselves like the big american companies.

The only reason they show off is to try and put down other people. What they don't know, is that we can overthrow them, with the amercan companies, first we hide, then we release betas, then we officially release to the public. The Chinese will never understand good business.

not to be racist.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:15 am 
FTP Access

Funny. If the US was that great at business they wouldn't owe China $1.5-2.5 trillion. IMO China should bankrupt the US and force them all to make cheap shoes for 50c a day. Maybe they wouldn't be so smug as a nation. Meanwhile I'll wait and see if Wongdows 9 arrives in a few years.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:25 am 
Donator

Blizzardo1 wrote:
XDude wrote:
Ambig wrote:

The only reason they show off is to try and put down other people. What they don't know, is that we can overthrow them, with the amercan companies, first we hide, then we release betas, then we officially release to the public. The Chinese will never understand good business.

not to be racist.

That's whole post is just ridiculous. What are you talking about?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am 
Donator

The US heavily relies on China. Hence they can't even control china's growing army.

If MS doesn't think they can make business in china, they wouldn't have a chinese version of windows to start with. So why are they compiling every build in chinese too? Unless it's a (possibly) modified build.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
It may be a Modified Build. But who knows anyway

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Blizzardo1 wrote:
XDude wrote:
Ambig wrote:

not to be racist.

That may have been the most random, ridiculous post I've seen in a while. We're going to "overthrow" the free trade system... with betas?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:34 pm 
Donator

Derf wrote:
Blizzardo1 wrote:
XDude wrote:
Ambig wrote:

not to be racist.

That may have been the most random, ridiculous post I've seen in a while. We're going to "overthrow" the free trade system... with betas?

MS did change their goals by shifting their main focus from customers to operations. Back in the whistler days, their were tons of release and that MS was very public about their windows development. Now, MS has privatized their development and only releasing a beta and a release candidate. They say they don't want to spend time recompiling for the beta program, but many whistler builds were main builds straight out of the main branch. (main is like winmain)
Windows 7 is far more stable and complete compared to vista, hence they could release winmain builds, but they choose not to.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
I would Agree. Whistler couldn't stand a chance until it was reformed into XP

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Blizzardo1 wrote:

Reformed?

Whistler was always becoming XP.
So what you are saying is wrong, it was always XP.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
DjRob wrote:
Blizzardo1 wrote:

Reformed?

Whistler was always becoming XP.
So what you are saying is wrong, it was always XP.

My bad, I've actually have had barely any experience with whistler. I'm not a good blogger and forum arguer. But, I'm a god beta tester, I can see if there is a bug or not.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
And that is what :beta: testing is all about :)

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Debian Linux
DjRob wrote:
And that is what :beta: testing is all about :)

Thank you for being supportive when I am thoughtless of what I post. :)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 7082 Screenshots.        Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:31 pm 
It isn`t very different to 7000. But Build 7000 is good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]