BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 13d, 2h, 54m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 6810MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (Probably fake)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
I think 7106 has leaked.... If it has, Ill upload it to BA after Im done leeching. Its on Demonoid and The Lawsuit Bay :wink:

Offtopic Comment
I like this face :D :beta:

Last edited by motherboardlove on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:41 am 
Donator

From what I've gathered, the chinese ISO modded with the English language pack has been floating around for a while with a genuine-looking filename. I do not believe it is an untampered leak.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:43 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Andrew wrote:
From what I've gathered, the chinese ISO modded with the English language pack has been floating around for a while with a genuine-looking filename. I do not believe it is an untampered leak.

WEll, ignor this topic if it is fake, but it has a CRC32 of all F's

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:50 am 
FTP Access

Installing on VPC now.

Edit: The Sources\setup.exe shows version number 7077 as does winsetup.dll, so not looking good.

Still none the wiser.

Last edited by OG on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:43 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Code:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4860163/7106.0.090408-1623_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD

You might say about this. I'm downloading now to test it. I hope it's better than the EN-RUS release.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 am 
FTP Access

If it's the same one as this it seems to be an english/chinese and no hint of russian anywhere. Everything looks as it should be, no odd fonts where there shouldnt be ect, and apart from the 7077 parts on the dvd everything installed appears to be in english and bears the 7106 version number. Are MS known to use older install components on newer builds? Or is this just a well made hack job?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:00 am 
Donator

Does this English version (hopefully) have English wallpapers or only the Chinese?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
This stinks, it probably just some dude renaming the iso from the translated version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:30 am 
Donator

I just checked on the DVD @ sources/compress.dll/ details on both the English & Chinese.

The Chinese says build 7106 (1st one) but the English says build 7077 (2nd one)

Something smells fishey...

Edit: The English copy of 7106 I downloaded today from TPB.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:38 am 
FTP Access

The timestamps on this version are consistant but the previous chinese version has inconsistant timestamps. Could this version be the source for the modified chinese version perhaps?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
OG wrote:
The timestamps on this version are consistant but the previous chinese version has inconsistant timestamps. Could this version be the source for the modified chinese version perhaps?

Firstly, The x86 non-AllSku release of 7106 Chinese has consistent time stamps too, as does the x64 version. That's not unusual though since it's a feature of the cdimage tool that MS use.

I'd say it's pretty certain that the 'english' 7106 is simply a hackjob of the chinese 7106, just hacked together with English 7077 files.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:50 pm 
FTP Access

That still makes no sense. The chinese vesion has newer files in its image than this english version where every file has the same timestamp. Every single file on this dvd is 09/04/2009 11:32 (as are most on the chinese), even the 7077 components are 09/04/2009 11:32. Doesnt that show that the 7077 components where compiled with the rest of the image and not added at a later date, where as the chinese version contains newer files showing that it had files added to it after this image was compiled. If so then this image cannot be as a result of the chinese version becuase it predates the chinese version by at least 4 days. :? Unless 7077 and 7106 were compiled on the exact same day at the exact same time... I dont know.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Guys - don't judge by the Zh-Cn version - I'm sure if this version came out first, we'd believe its real. Since none of these are official builds, the chinese OR english could be the fake. I think that this is a little fishy (that whay I put "I think" on the topic) but the chinese has inconsistent timestamps. Lets not judge the genuinety of this build until we can prove its fake - we can truly prove that the zh-cn builds are truly genuine as they have diff timestamps. There are lots of problems with both of these builds. I am DLing, and some people refuse to seed.... Just see if the fetures of build 7106 are present in English.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
OG wrote:
That still makes no sense. The chinese vesion has newer files in its image than this english version where every file has the same timestamp. Every single file on this dvd is 09/04/2009 11:32 (as are most on the chinese), even the 7077 components are 09/04/2009 11:32. Doesnt that show that the 7077 components where compiled with the rest of the image and not added at a later date, where as the chinese version contains newer files showing that it had files added to it after this image was compiled. If so then this image cannot be as a result of the chinese version becuase it predates the chinese version by at least 4 days. :? Unless 7077 and 7106 were compiled on the exact same day at the exact same time... I dont know.

My point was that the cdimage tool that would have been used to compile the ISO from the files can automatically set all the timestamps to a given time, and therefore makes the timestamps irrelevant.

Therefore, someone can take files from different builds, use the cdimage to compile them into the same ISO, and the timestamps can be set to the same. 7077 files would almost certainly not be present in the real 7106 setup though.

The fact that some of the chinese stamps are different intrigues me, what files have different time stamps? I didn't notice any when I flicked through them earlier..

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:15 pm 
FTP Access

I never bothered downloading the chinese version, but if you notice in the pic posted by viper, the boot.wim has a timestamp different to the other files (which may or may not have been altered after the rest I suspect). If this version is a hack job (which it may very well be) then it is certainly better than the chinese/russian/english affair as everything appears to be in english and the components are the correct version for the build. The only thing out of place is the 7077 installer components. Is there any file that could be checked to get a definitive answer as to what the original language was if not english? Or could it be that this is a completey different version from a different source than the previous chinese and the original languages were already chinese/english? maybe md5 some files for comparison.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:42 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
I just finished d/ling (backbone seeder at about 600 kb/s) and I searched this up. apparently, according to someone at NeoWin, The certificate is invalid because its stored in an internal MS signing server. :|

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS X 10.9 GNU/FreeBSD
7106 isn't any newer than 7076, hope you all know that..

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:18 am 
Donator

acfrazier wrote:

I thought it was 4 days newer?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 pm 
FTP Access

zamadatix wrote:
acfrazier wrote:

I thought it was 4 days newer?

Different build branches. It's all slightly confusing now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm 
Donator

I don't see why it matters so much when no one can even tell the difference between builds lol.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:03 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Resplendent wrote:
I don't see why it matters so much when no one can even tell the difference between builds lol.

keepsake prpuse. People like to collect these things.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (I think)        Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
motherboardlove wrote:
I just finished d/ling (backbone seeder at about 600 kb/s) and I searched this up. apparently, according to someone at NeoWin, The certificate is invalid because its stored in an internal MS signing server. :|

That was the same as the Chinese. And you'll notice it's not invalid, but couldn't be verified. This implies that the certificate matches the file, but it can not verify the source of the certificate, because as you say, it's an internal MS Certificate Server. It seems to happen occasionally, and not just for Windows. Looking on the Internet, WinFX Beta 1's web setup was initially broken because someone accidentally signed one of the files with the same server, meaning the install couldn't verify the file and it failed.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (Probably fake)        Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:18 am 
FTP Access

It is a fishy build. The version number in the en-US aero mui states 7077, where as the zh-CN aero mui states 7106. I think it's at least obvious that the english language components are from 7077, which I dont think have any business being in the 7106 build. Its good, but its not quite legit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 7106 has leaked in English!!! (Probably fake)        Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Offtopic Comment
motherboardlove wrote:
[offtopic]I like this face :D :beta:

Glad you like it. I was the one who found it :P
[/Offtopic]

Not legit eh. Not that suprising.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]